Chapter 7: Hiding In the Stalls

"Omg, I think he likes you," said Kayla (Angela's friend).

        "Yeah, the way he flirted with you at lunch," another one of Angela's friends said as everyone laughed and made kissy faces at Angela.

        "Girls, please" said Angela.

        I knew she was gonna say stop it. I was dead wrong. :(

        "Of course he likes me. I sat with him on the bus and we had so much in common," Angela bragged.

        "Ooo LA LA. Buses are so ROMANTIC!" Kayla gushed.

        "I'm gonna ask him out tomorrow. He is tots gonna say yes," Angela said happily.

        "Oh yeah," replied one of Angela's friends I didn't know.

        "Oh no its 4:30. I have to go text Mae that we have to leave now," Angela complained.

        Oh no I have to turn of my phone no-  I was interrupted when my phone buzzed and popped up that Angela texted me.

        "What was that?" Angela asked because she heard the buzz.

        "It sounded like it was coming from the last stall," Kayla said.

        They walked to the last stall. Which I was in! Oh crap. Oh crap.

        I had no choice but to crawl under the stalls to the next stall so I wouldn't get caught. Kayla kicked open the last stall door and said that no one was in there. Then out of the blue, Miles texted me and asked if I wanted to hang out tonight? I couldn't respond then. But I kept on crawling to the next stall cause I heard Kayla scream this stall and I knew she was pointing to the stall I was crawling through. I Just made it in time into the third to the last stall as Angela opened the second to the last stall door.

        "No one again?" said Angela confused.

        "Someone is definitely in here," said Kayla.

        Then Miles texted me AGAIN! That it was important that we hanged out tonight. I just ignored it and crawled to the next stall. And I quickly replied I have to ask nom but I meant mom. Kayla found no one in the third to last stall. I thought, finally I'm safe... NOPE!

        Miles texted me "NOM? Do you mean Mom?"

        I was like just great. I crawled to the first stall and sat up against the wall about to cry again. I quickly text Miles Yes Mom now please shut up for a minute.

        Luckily, he did. Thank the lord. I heard Angela and her friends exiting the bathroom and I knew this was my chance to escape. So I opened the stall door and checked to make sure no one was out there. The coast was clear. I crept outside the bathroom and then darted outside as I saw Angela just turn the corner. I went the longer way because clearly Angela was going the other way. I ran into the doors and saw Angela just starting to open the other doors on the other side.

       "Whheeww, I made it," I said exhausted.

        "Oh hi Mae," Angela called.

        "H-h-h-i," I could barley speak I was out of breath.

        "Its 4:30 lets get walking," Angela said as she gave fake kisses to her friends as they got into their parents car and drove away.

        "O-o-o-ok," I panted.