Chapter 1

Julls POV

It is a normal Monday nothing out of the ordinary except that Julls woke up in her family home again and besides her mother constantly barking at her all is well.

I was busy cutting and dicing fruits trying to prepare me a fruit salad by the kitchen island. Singing along to Donald playing on the speaker, I mean life is great with some music especially when you inlove, yes im inlove with a man.

My dad and my mother come in the house chatting, and you can just tell they are happy from the smile on my mother's face, a smile on her is a special occasion. Julls' mother is really your typical suit woman, it's either her way or the high way. She has it ingrained in her brain that of she smiles often people would take advantage of her and she would never let that happen even her own family.

"how did your meeting go?" I ask acting oblivious, I already figured out it was a success from their mood. You see my family has been discussing a merger with our rivalry, the Zyne family. My family owns the largest or second largest luxury goods company and entertainment places and the zynes have been the competition for the top spot before my existence.

Please understand when I use "our" it's only because I'm also Jacobs but I make sure not to get involved in the family business which includes refusing any gigs from my family. I'm an actress and a model and also the black sheep of the family.

"everything went well love, Julie can you come sit we wanna talk to you about something" says dad. He just called me Julie

"I haven't done anything dad" I reply already on defence mode. Julls' father is also a very strict man to his family but also very loving and most especially spoils Julls rotten.

"Julie your father and I wanna talk to you now, take a sit" my mother says with a firm tone and motions the couch in front of her.

Okay... I move to take my sit with a puzzled face.

My dad begins telling me how they ruined my life "my gem", he says looking as guilty as he is and I start feeling nervous.

"our merger negotiations went well and we were successful in maintaining the presidential position of the business" dad says still looking suspicious which has me confused

"good then why are we not celebrating" I butt in trying to fasten this conversation. My mother was about to answer but my dad gave her a stern look that cut her tongue, what's up with them?

"Dad? " I call feeling impatient.

" Julie..." he responds with my name the man only uses my name when his about to scold me. "as part of our deal we agreed to marry you to their first born son Antonio" he finishes.

I had a mental block for a minute, "come again" I say in a whisper not trusting my ears.

"you will marry Antonio, Julie" responds my mother showing no regret whatsoever and leaving no room for discussion. Well she's lying.

"I will not." I growl out already feeling my blood warm, who does she think she is talking to?

"little girl we have had enough of you embarrassing us like this, YOU WILL MARRY ANTONIO. This marriage should keep you grounded" she barks out. The women must be on some bad meds really,

"I will say this slowly for the last time so listen to me good, I WILL NOT MARRY ANYONE" I stand on my feet and continue "if that was all I will be going back to my house" I finish.

It is so typical of my mother that she would offer to marry me off like I'm some possession of hers that cannot do anything but abide to her rule. She is the sole reason I decided to buy my own place.

I have been home after my last "scandal" I mean I was caught by paparazzi dancing "inappropriate" (according to mother) on camera and the video trended on social media, so my family decided to keep an eye on me to make sure I don't ruin things for their merger and since that's been finalised im leaving, as for the madness of me getting married we can pretend it never heppend.

"that precious little house driving you this crazy, you can loose it this quick" she snaps her claws. My mother is the enemy to me, she doesn't wanna see me happy, she has never really showed me love she only takes pride in my brothers, I have 2 older brothers Leo (27) and Micah (24) im the last born (19).

Her cold behavior towards me has not really bothered me much because my dad's love was everything. But now mother is taking things to a whole new level now threatening to take my house so I agree to marry the guy she must be losing it.

I look to my dad who remains quiet wondering if he thinks his wife is well mentally but he gives me a defeated look.

"well I guess I better find a place to stay then, this is ridiculous" I retort back not backing down. I don't have their kind of money but I have plenty, my house I bought it myself but I don't even wanna question how my mother can make it disappear the woman is very conniving the Zynes can testify to this not that they are any different.

You see our families competition has not always been fair, both families have pulled some dirty tricks and my mother's hands carry the dirt on our side. With all her influence I don't doubt me losing my house.

I take 2 steps away before her come back.

"and you can start picking boxes for a living because girl..." she finishes with the shake of her head.

"you wouldn't" im fast to growl out with disbelief, and I look to my dad for help. He remains quite with little irritation on his face im not sure if it's at me or his wife.

"you will marry Antonio this is a done deal" says mother sternly. The seriousness of the situation is starting to sink in and my breakdown is closer.

"Enough!" dad shouts, finally he will put a stop to this madness and maybe finally get my mother the help she needs.

"Veronica this is my daughter, I told you to keep quiet and let me talk to her but no! that was too much for you" he says still shouting, I try to analyze his statement, what could he be meaning by talk to me? but he interrupts my thoughts,

"Julie, this is a done deal"