Chapter 40

Julls POV

So today is the gala dinner and Antonio was not lying when he said he was busy because I heard him leave just before I went to shower. So since he left early today I decided to make myself breakfast, I missed this but I really need to do grocery shopping. I also called work and said I can't make it because I'm sorting some things for the gala dinner and no one questioned me now I can go shopping.

Claire called about coming to the shoot so I could sign some documents for the series just before I left the house and since I am not going I said to meet up with her at Starbucks before my shopping.

We met over latte and went through everything I must authorize and I invited her to the gala dinner of which she was too excited about. She immediately left back to work so she could file everything and join me to shop for a dress for her as well. Did you know she has a +1? Like a boyfriend kinda +1, yap and he's very cute too.

Just to spite Antonio, I went and bought a flowery dress. I can already picture how annoyed he will be when he sees me, it should teach him to shut up. I still can't believe that he was trying to do something nice for me and ended up messing everything up, a rare skill of Antonio. We finished shopping a bit later then anticipated so now I had to rush home, shower quickly and do my makeup before 7. We separated with Claire hurrying home.

I took a quick shower and spent considerable time doing my make up when I was done, there was still no sign of Antonio. I heard Antonio's SUV drive in, and wore my dress went down only to find its Jeff.

"mam Mr Zyne asked me to drive you to the gala dinner and said he will meet you there" he said

"do you realize that you are 10 minutes late?" I ask, I don't like being the 1 kept waiting.

"I realize and I apologize mam, Mr Zyne got held up" he said, him calling me mam made me feel bad, like I'm turning to my mother so I let this go and we went to the car and left for the gala dinner.

We got there 20 minutes late and found them only about to start now and guess who they are apparently waiting on? Me and my husband.

As soon as I walked in, my mother was just apologizing for the wait and when she saw me, she immediately smiled and said our MCs are finally here so we'll get started please take your sits.

I looked behind me to see whether she's talking about someone behind me but no, it was just me. I walked up to her and she met me halfway.

"Julie we've been waiting, why are you so late and where's Antonio?" she asks

"what do you mean by the MC is here?" I ask my own question and she thinks I'm playing games

"girl your husband already agreed that you both will be MCs don't think you can change now" she says accusing me

"but I had no idea mother, I didn't agree to this" I say, seriously Antonio!!

"well here is the program" she says handing me the program "and where the hell is Antonio?" she asks again

"he said he was gonna meet me here" I say, I am going to murder Antonio I swear. I quickly go through the program and it has a whole page introduction for me to read out. It's safe to say I am pissed.

I ascend the stage and greet everyone "good evening ladies and gentlemen, we are pleased that you could honor today's invitation and you're all are looking lovely today. For those who don't know me I am Julls the daughter of Mr and Mrs Jacob's -" just before I could continue Antonio walked in and hurried to the stage. My anger towards him was bubbling inside.

He was very composed he walked like he's posing for the cameras, the beautiful fool. When he got to the stage he came straight to me cupped my waist with his right arm and pulled me against his body and he kissed me.

He didn't perk my lips no, he kissed me, the audacity of this man. Unbelievable. When he was done, he still held me to him and said on the microphone "ladies and gentlemen she is also my wife" he said, I was still too stunned by his actions. He perked my lips this time and said "I'm sorry I'm late and you look stunning." he said looking at my colorful dress. This is all for show as he's on the speaker.

I tried to wiggle out of his hold but he held me firm, I looked at him in annoyance and mouthed "let go of me" and he mouthed back a firm "no", and that was all I could do since all eyes are on us. He then went on with that very long introduction, it's impressive how he could remember all of that without reading it. But then again he had plenty of time to memorize it since he knew a while ago that we'll be MCs here.

When he finished, he welcomed my parents to the stage and all I could was smile like a fool wondering why I was there. Antonio let go of me and held my hand and walked down with me as soon as my parents were on stage.

As soon we were down I tried to free my hand from him but he held it firm.

"people are still looking, why do you insist on defying me huhh?" he said in a hushed tone, surely referring to my dress no doubt.

"everything is a joke to you neh? You're enjoying this aren't you?" I asked him

"not enough" he replied with a grin, a stupid grin, everything about this reminded me of the wedding day and it made it hard for me to breathe

He pulled a chair for me so I could sit, so not like him. "you really go all out for public displays don't you?" I asked taking a sip of water from them table.

"well you are my wife, I would go all out for you in private as well if you'd let me" he said, my brain shut down and all I could do was stare at him. My heart picked up the pace, I didn't recognize this feeling. I think Antonio could hear my heartbeat as well, I continued to say nothing until he spoke again after he sat down.

"can we do a dinner tomorrow?, I'll organize everything" he asked looking in my eyes. This really took me by surprise but the resentment and anger I had for him made it easy for me to say a firm "no" and focused my attention back to my parents and he said nothing.

My thoughts kept circling back to Antonio, like why would he want to have dinner?, what brought all of this?, what is he hoping for now? And I really didn't have any answers so I tried looking at him trying to figure him out.

I realized that I don't really know my husband. I tried so hard not to think about Antonio and failed the whole night. I would force myself to concentrate on what is being said but my brain kept going back to who is this person?.

When we were done with the speeches, Antonio and I said our appreciation and welcomed the last item of the day food and music. When we were descending from the stage Antonio held my hand like he had done throughout the event.

"you know, I don't really know you" I said to him

"well I don't think I know me too" he said with a beautiful grin. Not at all affected by my rejection.