Chapter 9

Julls POV

Nothing seems to be going my way anymore so why even bother?

I drown myself in alcohol, I'm not the type to wallow in self pity but at this point I have nothing else but pity.

While my husband enjoys his single life, men run away from me as though I have an infectious virus because of him. I drink my whiskey.

All my hope and fight is gone, I have nothing to fight for and I have no one so I drink my whiskey and I forget.

The music really gets to me and I dance, I really feel good right now and I can't stop dancing I love it so I drink my whiskey and keep at it.

I must have been really drunk then because I felt happy, smiling and dancing at ease and I drank some more.

The waitor tried to get me to stop drinking, so even waiters have a problem with my happiness?, too bad because I was having non of it. Not today.

"mind your business okay" I tell the waitor and jump behind the counter and grab the whole whiskey bottle, I drink from the bottle now. And I really enjoy the burn, it makes me feel alive.

Jumping down the counter top was very easy, climbing up not so much easy especially with a bottle in my hand. I don't wanna risk the waitor taking the bottle back by placing it down so I'm jumping with it.

Finally managed to climb up the top before I make it back to my chair the crowd gives me attention, so I give them a show, plus I love dancing. I dance on top of the counter and take a second to drink from the bottle and dance again. My body moves at its own accord.

The next thing I feel someone grab me and throw me on his shoulder with my face hanging downwards. The whiskey bottle dropping and shattering somewhere I couldn't see. Leo is the only one who does this to me.

I start screaming "Leo you basturd let go of me, right now" I say hitting his back but its fruitless. I was starting to feel nauseous but we're soon outside the club and I get fresh air with a cold chill.

I'm thrown in to the car roughly and I try fighting again but I'm pinned down quickly,

"STOP IT" Antonio roars

I am too shocked to react, like why is he here and how did he know where to find me?

"I have had enough of you behaving like a child and embarrassing me" he says but it feels like he's so far away and everything that happened thereafter is a blur

***

I wake up feeling very sick and I try to get off bed and find the bathroom but I miss my step and fall on my knees and I bump into something else I don't know what. I get up from floor but I can't stop the vomit, I vomit on the floor and I try to get up using the bed for balance but I vomit on the bed as well.

The door opens and Antonio comes running "oh my God Julls" he says running to me and helps me to the bathroom and I continue to vomit on the urinary and the guy holds my hair.

I have vomited everything out now and I'm just gagging with nothing coming out. After a while I feel sleepy and fall asleep. Antonio keeps trying to wake me up but I can't control it I sleep. He feels so far away from me.

***

The next time I wake up it was morning, the sun is up. I'm in a strange room, tucked in bed and wearing clean clothes.

I sit up fast trying to process what happend but the hangover disturbs my train of thought just as fast, my head feels heavy, it hurts and it hurts much more when I try to move my eyes.

I steady myself for 2 minutes and then look around the room. I see a glass of water and tablets on the bed side table  with a note, I pick it up and it reads "this will help with your headache wife"

I'm ashamed. But I take the medication and drink water afterwards.

I get off bed, set to clean up my mess, but another realization dawns on me I'm wearing clean pj's Antonio must have changed me. Somebody kill me. From the curls of my hair surely I took a shower, how drunk was I Lord?

I feel more then ashamed right now I go back to bed immediately because I don't think I have the courage to face him.

I lie in bed for few minutes but hunger gets the best of me so I wake up and freshen up in the bathroom then make my away to the kitchen.

There's a lady busy cleaning here she must be the house keeper and I remember Antonio telling me her name but I can't recall.

"good morning Mrs Zyne, please take a sit I'll bring you something to eat" she says after noticing me

"please call me Julls" I say to her quickly

"Mr Zyne said you're not well so I have prepared some vegetable soup for you" she continues to say while dishing out for me.

"where is he?" is what I ask her not that I want to see him.

"Mr Zyne left before I got here mam" she answers

"I'm sorry what's your name?" her calling me mam really throws me off

"Wendy mam" she answers

"Wendy please call me Julls" I say to her while finally taking a sit on the kitchen island and she places my food.

"okay ma- I mean Julls" she corrects herself

"do you need anything else? " she asks

"no Wendy thank you" I answer and she goes back to reorganizing things in the cupboard. I think she's stock taking.

I take the soup to the room I woke up in. Every room seems to be dark in here, mine included but I can't even say anything about it. I still don't believe I'll be spending my whole life here, I refuse to accept that.

I receive a call from my father while I try to eat. It's too early for me to deal with him so I let him know as soon as I pick up the call.

"father I'd really appreciate some space as I said yesterday I'd prefer not to talk to you or see you" I say and I'm met with silence.

After a while, I was about to hang up already and I get a very defeated "okay"

I enjoyed my meal, trying not to focus on anything but myself and went back to sleep after my meal.