Chapter 7

Julls

My life is a movie and I am the loser. I cry for help as Antonio continues to punch his fists on Christopher's face, Chris really tried to throw a few punches but Antonio is like some professional wrestler, he dodged all of them and threw more powerful punches which did not miss Chris.

Chris is now red, blood coming out of his nose and mouth and rendered defence-less but Antonio is not stopping he wants to kill him.

"stop, stop it you hurting him" I scream, "help" I scream for help in the crowd taking videos but they don't help. I'm helpless.

"Antonio enough! You will kill him" I stand over Chris as he tries to get up again and was 2 seconds away from receiving a punch myself.

I cowered and closed my eyes but the punch stopped right on my face and he touched my face tenderly and commanded "let's go to our wedding" I couldn't move or say a thing, my body in a state of shock.

This animal left my brain paralyzed. "put on a smile" he adds holding my chin and still so close to me I can feel his breath. I was just about to protest this but he looked at Chris' bleeding form and all I could do was nod.

The was already a crowd of people watching the scene taking place, so we quickly went to his car with him holding my hand like a loving husband while he crushed my hand. The same hand I used to punch him, I whimpered in pain.

On the way no one said a word, I kept my eyes out the window. The guy took out another shirt in the trunk of his car and changed the bloodied one while I stood there awkwardly once he was done he took my hand and led the way. We entered our wedding reception holding hands, went straight to the podium and signed our marriage contract. He didn't want to waste any time.

The guests cheered. He leaned to me and said "let's cut the cake and go home"

I quietly followed him. It feels as though I'm a bystander in my own life. I have a mental block.

We cut the cake and he fed me, if someone had told me this story before it heppend I would have loughed but here I am.

My mother in law and father in-law approached holding hands and smiling widely, they look happy.

"Mr and Mrs Zyne please open the dance floor" said the guy's mother with a smile, the woman carries this positive energy that I can't get myself to hate her.

The guy looked to me for an answer and I nodded, he held my hand and led me to the dance floor. His parents soon followed afterwards.

We danced for a while and everything was just hazy to me I even lost my balance but Antonio steadied me and a lot of people had joined the dance floor.

I noticed my mother asking my father for a dance which he refused and came my way. He must be upset with her which is no surprise my mother is a witch. I often wonder why someone like my dad would marry someone like her, like how did this heppen.

It is obviously no secret to us that our parents don't love each other any more although they sleep in the same room I am positive they don't touch each other.

"son can I have a dance with my daughter" he refers to Antonio as his son already that was quick.

"of course Sir" the guy responded and let go of me.

I gave him the dance because I would never refuse anything that my mother was deprived but I haven't forgiven the man. My father often refuses my mother certain things and offers them to me and I never know why, like when my mother wanted a rolls royce my father refused and gifted me with it while it was not even my birthday. I was 16 years old imagine that.

"my gem please find it in your heart to forgive me" my father says bringing back from my thoughts

"mmm" is all I say

"I have disappointed you I know, but please give me another chance I won't let you down again" he stops dancing and looks at my eyes and I just feel so emotional thinking of what I've just been through.

"I promise you" he pleads

"dad just give me some space" he helplessly nods. I take a step back and look around for my husband and I spot him talking to his friend.

"I think I will leave now" I tell my dad

"okay have a good evening" he says and kisses my forehead. Nobody has said anything about home affairs wedding and I'm certain Leo knows so dad knows technically but none has said a word.

I make my way to my husband passing by people congratulating me and annoying me on the way but I smile. Antonio said so.

"can we go now?" I ask with tears brimming in my eyes

"yes" he responds and gets up from the chair. "Brian I will see you" he says to his friend who nods looking at me. We start moving out.

"I left my car by home affairs can we start there?" I say, I have a lot of things I want to ask but I just don't know how. Like will I be staying at his house now or be expected to sleep with him of which is not heppening. Never.

"my driver will fetch it give me your keys" he says and I hand him my keys and 1 traitous tear fell out quickly and the guy noticed.

"Jeff go get her car by home affairs, I will drive us home" he tells his driver, he doesn't even ask nicely this guy. He  continues normal as though he didn't notice I'm crying but I expected this. He announces that we are leaving to our guests and wishes them a wonderful evening then we leave, he holds my hand tenderly this time I think he's calm down or he feels pity for me in my pathetic state.

"Antonio" I say breaking silence in the car.

"yes" he responds passively

I open my mouth to say what I want to ask but nothing comes out.

"yes" he repeats and looks at me

I try again but still nothing, it's like I don't know how to use words anymore so I give up

He looks at me and I look at him and he looks on the road and says nothing.

Really would I be expected to share a room with him?