Chapter 24

Julls

"Julls" Leo says very calmly. My mouth runs dry, I don't know what to say.

"you here..." he says again still processing this information. I wasn't sure whether he was asking me or stating that I'm here so I nodded.

"I can explain" Micah says guilty

"oohh really, you can explain?" he says sarcastically

"bro listen I had no choice" Micah tries to reason.

"I have been going crazy looking for our little sister while she's with you because you had no choice?" he asks baffled.

"Antonio hit me Leo" I waste no time and Leo remembers that I'm still here, "he strangled me I mean" I correct myself and he looks conflicted and I avoid it and look down at my hands.

"I'll be back." he concludes and exits the room

"Leo.." I call after him fruitless, but I make no effort to chase him knowing very well I wouldn't succeed anyhow. I guess Micah is not feeling up to it as well because he takes a sit on the couch. Leo really has an explosive temper and we can't do anything about it, we're aware.

"I guess we can expect everyone to come here?" Micah sort of asks or states but my answer remains yes to both.

"I wasn't going to hide forever I know that but I wish I had more time" I whine and take a seat next to Micah.

"you should not have to go back to him" Micah says and cuddles me

"ooh I am not" I assure him, and he turns to me giving me a curious glance.

"I'm going to my house and I don't care what anyone has to say about that" I answer his unasked questions. He looks at his hands, he does that when his thinking mostly.

"come on let's make breakfast" I try to disturb him and move.

"no, let me attend that meeting at Antonio's. You can make breakfast for you" he says and gets up and grabs his keys and wears flops on the side of the entrance. He was only wearing pants so he's still displaying his 6 pack.

"I should go with you" I say standing up

"no no no, you need to stay here and make breakfast and let us deal with this" he says leaving no room for argument and he leaves the room leaving me alone.

I decide on choosing positivity, that is blocking out anything that has Antonio in it.

I go on with my initial plan to make breakfast, I don't prepare an English breakfast though but make myself oats. I dish and add bananas, blueberries, milk and sugar for taste and flavor. I put on some music and enjoy my food.

After breakfast I decide I should probably take a shower before everyone gets here so I go.

I'm done showering and still not a word from anyone in that meeting, I mean I have never been able to take a  quick shower and today I wasn't even trying. I find this strange.

I start to really be bothered and have this unsettling feeling but I try ignore it and opt for pretending to watch a movie for when they decide to come here, I'm pretending because my focus is not really here.

I seat watching a movie but thinking about what could be keeping them at Antonio's. Maybe Leo hurt him so bad he needed a hospital, Leo can also be pretty violent.

Part of me doesn't want Antonio to hurt but I suppress that feeling with I don't care.

The movie finishes and replays itself. Now I'm really unsettled that I'm on my feet and walking back and forth. It's been 5 hours and still not a word.

I have this unsettling feeling that something bad has happened and just when I decide to call Micah and find out, there's a knock on the door. I go back to pretending as though I'm watching the movie.

"come in" I answer seated down.

Antonio comes in alone.

I don't think I was ready to see him because I immediately jump off the couch as though I'm terrified of him.

"you" I accuse him

"Julls I won't hurt you please" he says.

Did I mention that he's all bruised up and swollen?, well he is.

He doesn't look good, even his shirt has blood and his nose is red you can tell he was bleeding. But where is my brother?, why is he the only one here?

"where's Leo?" I question panicked, "where's Micah?" I ask again, he seems to be taking forever to answer.

"Antonio?" I say the uneasy feeling just increased

"they are at the hospital" he says coming closer

"what did you do?" I ask with difficulty now, finding it hard to breath

"Julls they are fine" he says rushing to me

"Julls breath.." he says rubbing my back and I try to calm down.

"you hurt my brother as well?" I ask

"ooh no," he chuckles

"he messed me up" he says looking at his bloodied shirt and then stairs at me directly in my eyes as I look at him too.

"Julls I am very sorry" he says genuinely

"you almost killed me" I remind him, he was still holding me so I move away from him

"I did, and I regret it. I hurt you and all I have is this sorry" he's ashamed and I just stare at him.

"i will never touch you again, please forgive me" he says displaying great sadness

"Antonio you got issues" I state

"I know, but please give me another chance and I promise I can do better" he says pouring his emotions out.

They caught me off guard. Antonio is the most vulnerable then I've ever seen him. I stair at him not knowing what to say

"don't divorce me" he says

Being a dirvocee is what scares Antonio. I guess I know why, I mean it's the same with my parents albeit they also had kids to consider that Antonio and I don't have.

My story with Antonio is the most sad story because we never even gonna have them, kids I mean. I may never have kids at all but maybe Antonio will have them with his sluts though and they will have different mothers. They won't even grow up together as I did with my brothers. It is a shame.

My brothers....

"Antonio what are my brothers doing at the hospital?" I ask back to reality

"uhhhmm" he mumbles

"Antoni-" I don't finish

"your father fainted"