Chapter 33

Antonio POV

Julls and I left the event early, I couldn't contain my anger for longer. If Deon pressed me just one more time I was going to explode and Julls detest these kinds of gatherings I could tell she was bored, so we were both happy to leave early.

Having a young wife is proving to be more fun than I had imagined. I wouldn't picture me dancing tap dance before marrying her but I wasn't about to let Brian dance with my wife. In all honesty I found myself having more fun for the first time on my birthday. I feel young again.

Deon. That boy was the worst thing to ever heppen to me. He has always wanted everything that is mine from toys growing up to my position in the company now. I don't doubt that he's back to take advantage of my missteps just to make himself feel better about being a failure.

He will surely rub it in that I lost the presidency of the medged company and make things worse for me with Julls, he takes pleasure in my misery. He is a spoilt, entitled brat, always has been and my parents are to blame as they never hold him accountable for anything and always babying him and cleaning up his mess. I will deal with him though.

Julls and I just got home and I was just pouring us drinks so we could relax after this long day. I turn to find her waiting with a present for me. She suprises me all the time.

"happy birthday" she says holding out the gift to me and I'm stunned "I had meant to give it to you at the party but we were too busy so here" she adds handing the box to me

"Julls you didn't need to" I say hesitating on taking the gift, honestly I don't think I deserve a gift from her.

"but I did. Now take your gift" she commands, I'm not used to being told what to do, this is all new to me. I take my gift reluctantly.

"thank you" I say

"open it" she adds. I do as told and open the wrapped gift box to find that it's a beautiful black stoney briefcase

"it's beautiful, thank you" I thank her

"open it" she says, ooh okay.

I open the case to be met with matching shoes and belt. I am really impressed. She bought me something that I would have bought for myself if I came across, this tells me that she actually took the time thinking about what gift to get me unlike all the ties and socks I have in the gift boxes i received today, I don't even open them to confirm I know.

Julie humbles me. She makes me question a lot of things that I thought I knew perfectly, like how I reached the decision that she was a spoilt, entitled and self centered brat, now I think that was a very immature decision on my part and poor decision making has never been me now I want to know how many things I've also judged poorly as well.

Julls is still very young I know that, she is has made mistakes like most of us but having a picture of how she grew up I would say she's done very well. This reminds me of the ridiculous decision she just made to refuse being the producer of her series. Her father informed me today when we talked at the party.

"you don't like it?" she asks me disappointed already. I guess I have been too engrossed in my thoughts that I forgot to say thank you.

"ooh no, it's beautiful Julls I like it. Thank you" I say feeling the sudden urge to hug her but I resist. She smiles and nods.

"what I would like to know is why you're refusing producing the series" I say changing the mood completely.

"I don't wanna talk about this with you Antonio" she says grabbing her drink and sitting down

"well Julls we are married, I would say this is exactly what we discuss" I tell her. She just looks at me and drink her wine.

"it is very foolish of you to turn down such an opportunity, this is your chance to grow" I say

"don't call me a fool." she commands me again. She is a very stubborn figure.

"I'm not saying you a fool, I'm saying it's not a very wise decision" I clarify

"listen here, if I progress in my career and life I want to take pleasure in knowing that It's my own hard earned work and you will not convince me otherwise" she says defiantly. She is such a strong woman. I admit that I find her strong wil very attractive but this is crazy.

"Julls you are already producing this series either way. I would advise you to make it best since it has your name anyway" I inform her of the facts

"let's move to another country" she blurts out. She says the most bazaar things at times it's cute. I lough.

"we can start a new life far from my family and their interference" she insists. She can't really be serious.

"Julls be serious now, just work on this series and we can have the talk with your family to stop interfering but moving would be exaggerating" I reason with her.

"Antonio they don't listen but I don't expect you to understand" she says with sadness, I feel bad for her and for the first time I feel the need to protect her. This bullying she deals with from home really needs to stop, I don't like seeing her sad and troubled so I will put a stop to this, that's the least I can do for her.

"Julls please trust me to take care of them for you, you are my wife now and they need to understand this. We may not have started this marriage right but we're in it now and I have treated you horribly but from now on I want you to know that you're a priority to me and this marriage matters to me" I say with sincerity praying that she believes me. God knows I haven't given her any reason to. I am pretty sure being my wife has very little meaning to her and that's on me. She stares in my eyes for a minute before responding.

"okay" she whispers feeling heavy and all I want to do is make her feel better so I hold her face with both my hands and say "thank you" and hug her very close to me. She hugs me back. I surprised myself as well.

I feel the bond we just built today and as I hug her to me I try to convey through our just established bond that she is safe with me and I vow to myself that I will protect her as long as we both shall live.

After our long hug that was very sudden, we let go slowly and stare at each other's eyes and we simultaneously divet our eyes to each other's lips, I have never felt this hungry to kiss anyone but she shys away from me.

I feel rejected.