Chapter 31

Antonio POV

These current days are the worst days of my life, but at least it got better now I think. Except for the fact that I'm still sleeping in this very colorful room with a very small closet, I seriously can't deal, I have trouble falling asleep here.

Today is my birthday and I have to smile and shake hands the whole day, how wonderful. I will also have Julls with me, this information has me very anxious. Probably because my wife is very unpredictable so I never know what to expect but she already has it certified that I'm controlling so I'm going to use a different approach this time and pray she doesn't embarrass me.

I'm currently waiting for her to come down so we can leave for the party at my family hotel. And she comes, wearing a formal dress I can't believe it, she is beautiful, showing off her beautiful structure this will have me decapitating men. I have to say she's probably the most beautiful girl I've ever seen if I'm being honest, I'm stunned. She behaves as though she's not aware of how beautiful she is or how much effect she has over me, like the last time I got so jealous she was going out with another man only to find out its her brother after I made a fool of myself.

Today though, the lady is with me at least I won't loose my mind. I quickly offer her my arm and she accepts it, I love it when we're in the same page.

"I seriously have the most beautiful wife in the world" I say the most foolish things when I'm nervous. My God she makes me nervous and I have no idea why.

"ahh.. Stop it" she blushes, she is adorable.

"I haven't lied to you" I stop and say looking at her eyes so she'll be able to tell how serious I am. She understands because she gave me a shy smile and we continued to the car, we both sit at the back today in the SUV and have Jeff drive us.

We drive in comfortable silence until she asks me, "what is expected of me today?" she surprises me.

"just smile and shake hands that's it" I tell her, I have since lost my hostility towards her, I was ill-informed.

"sounds simple enough" she sighs relaxing, I wish she smiled more often, especially at me, most especially at me.

We soon arrive at the hotel and make way to the restaurant where we'll be celebrating this birthday. It's at the roof top so we use the elevator up and find the party in progress.

As you know I'm the birthday boy as soon as we enter everyone claps, rich people don't sing no, they just clap as if congratulating me on some achievement but I'm not complaining.

The first person to greet me is my little brother Deon that nuisance when did he get here and why is he even back.

"happy birthday Antonio" he says not even looking at me but staring at my wife.

"thanks Deon" I say pulling Julls a bit closer to me. I am very possessive and I make no apologies for it.

"Julls, TV doesn't do you justice really. You are more gorgeous in person" typical Deon says, obviously he would say something stupid I knew that but "gorgeous" really?

I think Julls was also uncomfortable with his stare because she held my arm a bit tighter but before I could say anything this fool continued

"the 1 and only Deon Zyne but you can call me D" he says asking for her hand. Very reluctantly Julls gives him her free hand

"my brother has not even mentioned me has he?, I can't say that I'm surprised though" he says and kisses Julls' hand

"I'm pleased to meet you sister in law" he adds, he never gets tired of listening to himself.

"why are you back Deon?" I ask him irritated

"that's just rude. I was not going to miss your birthday celebration brother" he says with a smirk

I don't believe that for a minute but that's a conversation for later, "hhm... When did you arrive?" I ask a better social question.

Before he has a chance to respond or should I say while he was taking his time since he was still staring at Julls, mom and dad approached us no doubt already aware this won't end well.

"happy birthday Antonio" mom says giving me a hug

"thank you mom" I say returning it but not letting go of Julls arm

"Julls you look like a goddess in this dress" mom says giving cheek kisses. My thoughts exactly, I love how this woman understands me

"yes she does" foolish Deon says

"thank you ma" she answers holding mom's hands with her free hand. I love how she calls my mom ma or mama.

"you look lovely daughter" dad greets Julls as well and she smiles at him and thanks him as well.

"thank you" she says smiling.

"come on let me introduce you to some people" mom says taking her far away from me but I trust her with my wife it's fine.

"you boys are grown now, I will not have you bickering like kids do you understand?" dad is angry. It infuriates him that my brother and I never get along but he still pampers him too much to actually tell him right.

"stop staring at my wife." i tell D dead serious. We can fight over a lot of things but my wife is not 1 of those things.

"jealous much?" he provokes me and I'm very quick to get closer to him but dad is just here

"what did I just say huh?" his patience is wearing thin but he is in luck because Brian comes quick from whatever woman he was trying to sell lies to.

"hey birthday boy" he says holding my shoulder, "Mr Zyne, Deon" he adds greeting them as well, this calms me down a bit.

"hello Brian" dad says and Deon just nods

"if I can just borrow Antonio" he asks dad in particular who waves his hand that we can go and so we leave to the bar so I can get a drink

"Deon neh" he says

"damn Deon" I agree. We understand Deon.

"I met Britney during the week and I got to tell you, your marriage left a sour taste in her mouth" he says perfectly changing the subject

"she will be alright" I really don't care about her and never had

"she must have thought you guys had a fighting chance" he says

"now that's delusional" I state the obvious with a lough. I'm a married man. Even as a single man I didn't even consider bringing her along to any event and would only take her to places with high discretion. I thought that would tell her something but that's my fault, she was never good with math.

Right now I'm very focused on making this marriage thing work with Julls. She doesn't seem to hate me as I thought so I'm hopeful I might still have a chance.