Chapter 32

Julls POV

Antonio's birthday celebration has been eventful to say the least. It started off with his creepy brother who stared at me like I'm on the menu, thankfully mama took me out to that situation but then again I find myself meeting the most fake people in my life and here I thought the industry entertainers were fake but I realize today that they are actually just reserved in a way.

These people smile at me in front of ma and hit on me when I give them my hand but ma is aware of this because the minute we move she would say "he's such a perve", this other woman smiled at me and ma left me with her to start the celebration and the woman took a 180° turn telling me how Antonio will never love me and I'm just a trophy wife as though I'm expecting flowers from Antonio, to her demise I loughed at her and went on to greet my parents.

Mother and dad looking majestic as always, you'd swear they are the main event just looking at them walk. My mother's pride is a great attribute here I must say, she fits perfectly. You know people hold themselves differently around her as compared to my mother in law, they are more respectful and careful.

When it was time to take our sits Antonio came and officially introduced me to his good friend who claimed to be his only friend, Brian. I like Brian he is laid off and a charmer, I've seen him a couple of times he used to date my old colleague but I have never had the pleasure to talk to him before today.

We take our sits in the organized tables and I'm grateful Brian shares our table. We have this wholesome fresh banter that makes this event bearable.

"why haven't I met you before?" I ask Brian loughing

"Antonio doesn't like sharing" he smiles

"I am his wife and you are his friend this is an organized structure I don't see how this can be classed as sharing" I say amused

"there's never any sort of structure where Brian is concerned dear" Antonio says

"don't be dramatic your wife is my sister/friend in law" Brian says and we lough out loud.

Mr & Mrs Zyne start the event "ladies and gentlemen we welcome you all" ma says

"we welcome and appreciate your presence in celebrating our son's birthday with us" Mr Zyne adds

"today we celebrate the gift of life, our son has been blessed with another wonderful year and we thank God for the blessings since the day he was born, happy birthday baby" ma says smiling towards Antonio

"my son, may the Lord continue to cover and protect you, nourish and guide you, happy birthday son" Mr Zyne says

"we'll have Antonio and our daughter Julls say a few words before we proceed" ma says. Antonio stands up and takes my hand and we go up the stage.

"mom, dad, I know I don't say this enough, I love you and thank you." Antonio says looking at his parents this was just beautiful. "ladies and gentlemen thank you all for being here" he says smiling

"I'd also like to thank my parents for organizing everything, thank God for the safe return of my wife" he kisses the back of my hand tenderly, public displays arggg... But nevertheless I smile.

"please be free and enjoy yourself" he concludes and looks at me to say something. I have nothing to say I wasn't even aware I'll be up here, Antonio squeezes my hand to encourage

"thank you everyone and have a lovely evening" I say with a confident voice in contrast to how nervous I am. I am only used to being on stage when accepting awards and my script is the same. We then descend and go back to our seats.

The day went on well. as we enjoyed the meal, Jill Scott graced us with good music to go with.

A very good song came to play afterwards and I invited Antonio to dance with me, he tried declining my offer but changed his mind when my 2nd option was Brian who was more then willing to dance with me. My poor possessive husband is out of his depth here, I am more then happy to use his character against him.

"you seem to be enjoying this a little too much Julls" he says keeping his footwork in tune with the song and I lough, I guess he figured out that he's at a disadvantage here, today I'm making history.

After our song we went back to our seats. We find Brian in disbelief.

"Anton where and when did you learn to dance like that?, Julls you are a miracle worker I swear" Brian says in awe and Antonio seems proud of himself

"obviously before I got married" Antonio says with a lough, my goodness Antonio is a beautiful man, I look at him wishing he would lough again.

Deon pops up and jumps into an empty seat in our table, I think the owner is dancing.

"wow Antonio, miss Kathy did a very good job now you can really dance" Deon says

"what do you want Deon?" Antonio asks irritated

"I am complimenting you here, you suppose to say thank you" Deon says in a condescending tone and I can tell Antonio is pissed off

"D the person seating here might be needing their seat go" Brian tells him but obviously this boy has no sense.

"they can find another seat or go home, I don't really care. Julls did you also take dance lessons because you were on fire?" Deon says. This boy talks to much and is too entitled.

"yes.." I answer him. Mother forced me.

"you are smart, gifted and beautiful, you must be God's favorite really" Deon says, he makes me uncomfortable.

"Deon leave now!" Antonio commands with greeted teeth to suppress his anger. These 2 siblings don't get along it is clear to me.

"I'm trying to have a conversation with my sister in law here" the defiant thing says and I was sure Antonio would pounce on him but a man and his wife come by to talk to Antonio and that distracted him

"Antonio why do you keep raising the bar like this?, my wife wants us to take dance lessons now. You and your lovely wife really danced very well" the man says and Antonio smiles standing up

"ooh is it?, well I should also tell her that I'm also learning to cook now" Antonio says and winks at the woman, the man loughs wholeheartedly. Learning to cook ha!

"hun let's go before he puts ideas in your head" he grabs his wife hand playfully and she loughs "happy birthday Antonio and it's nice to meet you Julls" the man says not introducing himself with his wife loughing at his arm

"thanks David and Cristille" Antonio shakes their hands and they leave.

"Antonio can we go talk to my dad" I suggest leaving Deon in this table and Antonio agrees

"ooh yes, I have been meaning to check on the old man" he says offering me his hand and I take it, standing up and just like that we leave Deon with Brian.