Chapter 18

Julls POV

This marriage has really been a roller-coaster from the day it was decided without me, I haven't cried so much.

In the morning, I woke up, showered and packed a bag. When I opened the door I didn't find Antonio there, good shot. So I left quietly.

I wore a scarf to hide the bruise on my neck.

I drive to my house but when I'm outside it dawns to me that my house will be the first place they look for me and I need some silence. I leave my car there and catch a cab to drive me. We drive around for a while with no destination in mind until I remember my brother offered me his place for such instances so we drive to Micah's apartment.

He gave me the security combination so I don't struggle with access. Once inside I call for him

"Micah?" I get no response but I hear movement.

"Micah" I call again and make it to the lounge

I come to see a young girl who was about to hide I think and she looks scared and guilty.

"who are you?" I question her, "and where do you think you're going?" I add

"uhm..." that's all she says and she fiddles with her hands until I lose my patience.

"uhm what?" I ask louder, "you can't talk?, where is my brother?"

She just stairs at me like a deaf person. Clearly my brother is not here otherwise he would have heard by now and this girl is surely an intruder.

"I am calling the police" I tell her and go to the house line

"please no, I am the cleaner" she finally manages to lie to me.

You see this apartment complex my brother stays in, is owned by my family and there's a cleaning company I know this.

"girl, try again" I tell her dialing the security. This I would expect at Leo's place not Micah's, Micah dates for love and has had his heart broken a few times but his faith in love lives while Leo is a ladies man. Micah would have told me if he was dating again.

"I mean the cook" she tries again but it's too late I don't believe her, I place the phone in my ear and wait for it to ring.

The girl panics and jumps me and I fall, she falls on me resulting with the phone falling and hanging down from the wall.

"what the hell?" I scream at her, the audacity of this girl!

"I'm sorry, please don't call the police" she answers and lays on my side

I try to get up and lose my scarf in the process as she pressed it with her shoulders, so she sees my bruise

"what heppend to you" she asks with wide eyes. Is this girl normal at all? It sure doesn't look like it.

"that's non of your business" I say instinctively hiding my neck with my hands,

"I asked you what you doing here" I remind her.

"your brother left me here" she says getting up.

I analyse her carefully now, yes she's pretty with black curly hair, she's got dimples, beautifully brown eyes and caramel skin but she looks poor. Her hair is unkempt and she's wearing cheap shorts and a big, baggy outdated top. My brother doesn't walk in the streets and he likes class.

"you're lying" I accuse her. She looks at herself as well and I spot a look of shame on her and I immediately regret my action.  I mean she is cute it's possible he's dating my brother.

"I am sorry I..." I try to say nothing but she cuts in

"no it's alright, you don't need to apologize" she says, "would you like tea or coffee?" she asks, I'm really confused here so I just nod.

She loughs "yes to tea or coffee?"

"who are you really?" I ask her seriously

"can we please let Micah explain" she begs. So she is dating him

I take a seat on the couch "okay, what's your name?" I ask her the least.

"Sammy" she says softly, I turn to her and analyze her again.

She is beautiful, with naturally plum lips, a very cute oval face with the smallest nose and beautifully brown eyes.

"I'm Samantha but you can call me Sammy" she adds noticing my distracted state

"I'm Julls" I introduce myself and she loughs,

"I know who you are, I mean the world knows you" she says smiling.

She is dating my brother, I don't know why I didn't figure this out earlier, 'ooh Micah you sneaky bastard'.

I smile at her and she assumes it's just my politeness, but I'm really smiling at her because I figured her out and she got no idea.

My mother is gonna hate her obviously maybe it's why Micah is keeping her a secret but the fact that he kept her a secret from me too hurts me.

You see with my mother's love for appearances, she even controls who we date and who we don't. To her poor people will drag you down so that's a no and Sammy here, really it's not hard to tell she is broke. I'm gonna enjoy torturing Micah.

"hmm" I hum actually grinning at her now

She loughs "Julls, tea or coffee?" she repeats her question

"yes" I am so deep in my thoughts that I really don't even know what I'm saying.

She loughs wholeheartedly now "Julls you're impossible"

She obviously thinks I'm a fool I'm aware, I bring my focus back to her and remember she asked whether I wanted tea or coffee.

"tea please" I finally answer and she nods and goes to the kitchen.

Micah soon barges in running. The minute he spots me his eyes go wide and he searches the room for his beloved.

"where is Sammy?" he asks alarmed

"she's arrested for trespassing" let the fun begin

"ohh no what have you done Julls?" he says, it looks like he's having a panic attack, he must really love her.

"Micah she was here to steal your stuff what do you mean?, I had to call the cops" acting is my profession, loughs.

"ooh my God Sammy" he says still panicked and takes out his phone to call I don't know who, maybe a lawyer.

Sammy chooses to save her boyfriend as she makes an appearance having tea with her and smiling, she must have heard our exchange.

"Sammy?" Micah calls her and the body relief is visible. He rushes to embrace her.

"how could you not tell me about her Jar?" I say already feeling the hurt not joking anymore.

"Julls I wanted to, but you have been through a lot. I am sorry sis" he says and continues to hug Sammy. The PDA is real here.

I guess he's right, I have been through a lot even I don't think I could have been happy for him then.

But my concern right now is that my tea is getting cold as Micah won't let go of his girlfriend.