Chapter 14

Antonio POV

This really has to stop.
I keep finding myself having to take care of Julls, and it's because of her family. What kind of family is this?

How could they be so cruel to their own child?

What have I gotten myself into?, I was well aware that Julls is handful but what I didn't know was what causes her behavior. I thought she's just a spoilt brat looking for spotlight, I mean she is a spoilt brat but with real problems like all of us or maybe even more, because my family wouldn't sell me for anything or sabotage me.

So I figured if I want to keep my reputation intact I must make this marriage work and to do that Julie's family must stop interfering thus I'm heading there.

The security doesn't give me trouble at the main gate anymore since I'm the son-in-law I guess, so I go right through and park my car in the entrance since I don't plan to stay longer.

I ring the bell and a young girl opens the door.

"good evening Mr Zyne please come in" she says and opens for me. And I go in

"is Mrs Jacobs home?" I ask the girl but before she could respond someone else does

"mother is in the study" Leo says descending the stairs from the direction of the study I assume and he doesn't give me another minute, "Goodluck" he says very irked and exits the mansion quickly. It must be family issues that got him in this mood as he was fine in our meeting 3 hours ago. There's too much drama in this family.

"I will let Madam know you looking for her" the girl says but I waste no time with her

"I will find my way" I inform her already making my way to the east of the house as Leo came

At the end of the passage I'm met with a waiting area that joins 3 different rooms and I have no idea which 1 is the study but 1 of the doors is slightly open so I guess that is it. I go and open the door and I'm really annoyed all of a sudden.

I walk in to find Mr and Mrs Jacobs glaring at each other, Mr Jacobs sitting down in his desk with his arms folded to his chest while the wife is standing with 1 arm on her waist and it's like she's in a fighting position, the tension is thick in the air.

"please excuse me Antonio" Mrs Jacobs says as soon as she sees me, still keeping a straight face and she goes for the door

"I'm actually looking for you please sit mother-in-law" I order her down with distaste, she huffs but obeys

"listen I will not have you interfering with my family" I say with a commanding tone and her eyes widen "Julie is my wife now and my responsibility. let this be the last time you meddle in Julie's affairs" I tell her and she just stairs at me as if in a trance. I guess she didn't picture me standing up for Julls and I don't blame her because I also didn't see this coming. I'm just as surprised.

"what is it with men swooning over Julie like lost puppies huhh?" she goes bubbling nonsense my mother in-law

"tell me you understand" I say giving her a stern look but she just blinks at me like a deaf person with defiance and I turn to her husband.

"she understands son, we were just fixing the mess she made, you need not to worry" Mr Jacobs says confusing me, what does fixing mean?

"Sir pleas-" I try to ask but he cuts me

"Andrew, call me Andrew we are officially family now" he says with a serious face.

"Andrew trust me to take care of everything from now on" Andrew feels personal but I guess that's where we are now

"sit Antonio" he says offering me a glass of his whiskey, I accept it and take a sit opposite his desk near Mrs Jacobs, the old hag.

"listen" Andrew begins and drinks his whiskey and pause a few minutes and I drink as well while calming down

"my daughter has never been involved or benefitted from our company and she wouldn't accept her trust fund" he continues, well I didn't know that

"she has always wanted to succeed on her own and be her own person" he adds, here I thought she is just a spoilt brat who depends on her family wow. I develop admiration for my wife

"marrying her to you was a business deal" he pauses and fills his glass again this man sure drinks, I guess I know who the daughter takes after. And he drinks before he continues

"we wronged her" he says with sadness on his face. I turn to the mother but she shows anger and she looks the other direction to hide.

"Veronica here, reminded us that now we owe my daughter everything due to her, as she has made such a sacrifice for the business" he says with an accusing stair at his wife and she just huffs, she's so disrespectful this woman and I dislike her but I remain quiet.

"so I have decided to place some her money in the series she got fired from, since she will never accept the trust fund still" he takes a sip. I am confused but he continues, "she will produce that series 'hard times call for hard measures' " he finishes and my eyes widen of the drastic decision but that should make Julls happy and she has really sacrificed, I would say she earned it.

"even he finds this ridiculous" Julie's mom says, I wish to dismiss her now she really gets under my skin.

"remain quiet" Andrew says harshly, I don't understand these 2 really but again I don't blame Andrew if I was married to her I can bet I would be worse then him. This woman is a wicked witch and I can't stand her.

I ended up staying longer then anticipated as Andrew insisted I stayed so he could tell me how to care for his daughter again, he kept repeating "she's my child", "my precious gem" I think it's the alcohol. Mrs Jacobs left on her own will which is why I had no problem staying longer and that's why I got comfortable and had too much alcohol then I'm used to.

We actually had fun with the old man even though we discussed everything at the same time and played chess, you know alcohol. I also found out that he is not so bad and he's a brilliant business man, very smart too.

I wanted to call Jeff to collect me but he insisted on lending me his driver, such a good man. This family arranged marriage thing might turn out not to be such a disaster after all.

Author's note**

Please let me know what you think of this book

If you've read this far, I really must know