Chapter 39

Julls POV

After a whole minute of kissing Antonio I came back to my senses, I pushed him back a bit using my hand in his chest gently and although hazy I managed to leave him saying "I will leave you to your room" and I didn't even check how he reacted, I ran out of there.

Still trying to phantom why he kissed me, I made my way to my room and never came out for the rest of the evening. Antonio came by my door, I could hear his footsteps but he never knocked or said anything, he just stood there for a minute or 2 and then left. Thank goodness for that because my mind was still foggy I wasn't gonna manage talking to him.

I should also thank God for my current busy schedule because it made it so easy for me to avoid Antonio. I woke up, showered and left without breakfast not willing to risk him finding me in the kitchen by any chance. Tomorrow is not any different, I sleep.

I woke up, went to work and decided that today I will help Sammy with her new look to meet my family tomorrow. She is currently very miserable over changing clothes and changing again. I have never met a girl who detests shopping as she does, she's especially unperturbed.

I then complicated things for myself trying to find out how far my brother has prepared her for the gala dinner tomorrow to find out that he didn't, and this resulted in me scarring off Sammy. She doesn't want to attend the gala dinner no more and I have to fix it before my brother gets his hands on me.

Listen to me "ohh Sammy don't worry Micah and I will be there, really we wouldn't let anyone upset you" this is not so me, it's not cute.

I did make some progress I think, because though she was still hesitant she agreed to the gala dinner again.

After shopping, Sammy and I had a meal and I drove her to my brother's place and left before seeing my brother. Kikik... He will be very upset with me no doubt.

When I get to my place I find Antonio's car is parked outside, he must be back God no! But not to worry 'I am very tired' is my song. I park next to his car and get inside. The first thing in my view was Antonio seated comfortably on the couch.

He was wearing joggers and a loose top only its not so loose on him danmit he is fine! 'Julls get your mind off the gutter' I try to focus.

"hey" I say being snappy with my steps to the staircase.

"hey, Julls..." he tries to say even standing to his feet but I don't give him any chance. I sing.

"I am very tired Antonio, I just wanna soak and relax" I say, at this point I'm halfway up the stairs

My song is met with silence, Good. I don't even turn to see his reaction I continue to my room. Hewww.... I am being childish I'm aware but do you know the saying that if you ignore something it will disappear?

I don't waste time running the bath so I can soak. I take off my clothes and hed to the bathtub wishing I had some wine but I am definitely not going back down stairs. I soak myself in hot water and enjoy some music while in there.

In no time Antonio walks right in, what!!! And I am too shocked to react right away.

"how long do you plan to avoid me" he asks folding his broad arms in his chest. My mouth runs dry. I just blink at him.

"Antonio what the hell??" I say still on the fact that he's in my bathroom.

"this is the only place where you surely won't run from me unless you're willing risk me seeing you naked, so I'm here" he says balancing his weight on the wall. Damn him.

"why would I be running away from you?, I have been busy" I say trying to sink my body further underneath the foam that's protecting me from his eyes.

"sure you're are" he sarcastically says rolling his eyes

"was that all?" I snap

"tomorrow is the gala dinner" he states the obvious

"and?" I ask

"what time are we going?" he shocks me, I completely forgot that I'm also attending this dinner and WITH HIM on top of that.

"shit, what am I going to wear" I think out loud in my state of panic, leave it to me to focus on other people's problems and forget all about my own. How did I forget to buy me a dress??

"with the way you have been 'so...... busy....' I thought you might forget, so I bought you a dress" he says dragging the words 'so busy' and quoting with his hands, he's dramatic. I am perplexed.

"Antonio we don't share the same taste in clothing" I tell him

"it's for a ball Julls, you surely weren't going to wear flowers" he says "now I asked about time" he repeats

"8" I say and ignore the insult to my fashion taste for now.

"we're not spending the whole day with your family, I have work to do" he says suprised

"in the evening" I clarify

"the dinner is at 7, I think 7 is fine" he says

"okay fine, we'll leave at 7. Now please go" I say feeling uncomfortable with him here, I wanna leave the bathtub already.

He looks at me for a minute long but leaves without a word. As soon as he's gone I release a breath I didn't know I was holding.

After my bath I left the bathroom and went to my bedroom to find a large box with bow in my bed. I couldn't hold myself from seeing this dress ASP, I went to open it right away with urgency.

Guess what, Antonio got me a black gown, unbelievable!! Just because he loves black now I must wear black, who does he think he is? The dress is beautiful no lie but it's black I am not mourning anyone.

I forgot all about my being in a towel in my rage as I heeded to him downstairs

"Antonio of all colors, you bought me a black dress" I shout while still up the stairs. He eyes travel my body at a painfully slow pace from my feet going up. I immediately regret leaving my room not dressed, I try to cover more parts of me with my hand while the other hand holds to the bath towel. I stood still not moving downstairs anymore as soon as I realized my mistake.

After the longest excruciating 3 minutes, I was about to just turn back to my room Antonio breaths "uhmm.." and his eyes finally made it to my face just wow.

The look he had on his face made me feel warm

"what..?" he asks very low

"the dress" I say very quick

"ooh.. It was the only 1 I liked" he says with a smirk

"you were buying it for me" I say and hed upstairs quickly not wanting to be here any longer. Why do I do this?

Leave it to Antonio to ruin something that was meant to be a nice gesture. Why does he have to make everything about him?