'What's Your Name?' (chapter 1)

Before we start this fanfic I would like to put a short disclaimer. This story won't be following the storyline a ton, but there may be spoilers. I, the author, will put in bold all if there are any spoilers for the chapter right at the beginning. Another think to keep in mind is that while it will follow the story line a bit, a lot of things will be changed. I hope everyone enjoys :))

(I started writing this fanfic almost a year ago and now that I look back at it, some of the earlier chapters are cringy. All of the warier chapters are being edited right now. If you are a new reader try to bare with me!!)

[Edited] Episode three spoiler warning. No TWs.

(Y/N) Tachibana has never been a super adventurous girl. She's the kind of person who likes to stay up until 2AM and then sleep in late. She's the kind of person who doesn't try super hard in school and yet still maintains a fair grade. She's the kind of person who doesn't do people. (Y/N) isn't super outgoing, but she is very clever and perceptive.

"Oh, (Y/N)-Chan, I can't wait for you to meet him." Says Hinata. She carefully knots her tie as she goes on, "I promise, you'll like Takemichi-Kun."

"You better hold up on that promise." (Y/N) murmurs. She stares at herself in the mirror, do I look good in this? Her hair falls around her in a surreal way. She begins trying to flatten her uniform for the hundredth time. No matter how persistent Hinata is to say this boy is the sweetest one she's ever met, (Y/N) still feels the need to look nice, no matter how little he will care if she doesn't look her best. Then again, (Y/N) felt the need to look half decent in front of everyone, no matter how much she doesn't care about the random people and their unimportant opinions.

"Oh, hurry up. And stop being a worrywart!" Says Hinata with a frown. "If he says something mean, which he won't, then I'll knock him senseless." She says confidently.

(Y/N) didn't doubt that Hinata would do exactly that if he did actually say something. She tightened her tie a little before breathing in and out deeply. "Okay, let's go."

Naoto, Hinata's little brother, follows them out of the apartment. (Y/N) can feel his intense gaze on her, but she's much too determined to not return it. (Y/N) loves Naoto, she thinks he's adorable and he's the only male cousin she gets along with, but he's kind of... odd to say the least. Odd isn't necessarily bad, but he takes things a little too seriously sometimes. Every time she visits them she somehow finds his intense gaze constantly on her. Even when he was no more then 5, he was just like this.

"(Y/N)-San." Naoto says. Oh. "Why are you here?" The three of us stop walking while Naoto looks up at her with a genuine expression.

"Naoto! That's so rude!" Hinata shouts, bonking him on the head.

"Uhm, did you not know that I'm moving in with you for a bit?" Asks (Y/N). She stares down at him with a perplexed expression.

"Oh, you are?" Replies Naoto. He makes a little 'o' with his mouth.

Why does he look so genuinely confused? Did he not know I was going to be here? Does he not want me here?

"Naoto, you are so rude!" Shouts Hinata as she bonks his head a little harder this time.

"Well, I like you, (Y/N)-Sama. I don't mind you living in my house." Says Naoto while ignoring his sister. He smiles a little bit at (Y/N).

"Oh, uhm, thanks. And you can drop the formal talk, Naoto."

(Y/N) didn't really know how to respond to him. The three of them continue walking. She hadn't even known Naoto could like someone. He kinda just keeps to himself. (Y/N) found it strangely comforting to be liked as a person by Naoto, though it's doubtful anyone else would look at that as an accomplishment.