'Sleep' (Chapter 27)

No spoilers or TWs

(Y/N) yawns, walking down the stairs slowly. She rubs her eyes with her hands, not wanting to go to school today. Then again, when did she ever want to go to school? She grins slightly when she sees Draken waiting for her.

"Hey, are you doing okay?" Asks Draken. His palm presses against her face and then he touches the back of his hand to his forehead. "You're hot."

"Ooh, thanks I guess." Says (Y/N) with a tired smirk.

"Oh, shut up. I mean you seem sick." Says Draken. "Maybe you should stay home today. I'll stay with you." He looks worried.

"No, it's fine, Ken." Says (Y/N). It's very tempting to spend the day home with Draken, though she knows she needs to go to school. It's surprising to see him so keen on having her stay home.

"Are you sure?" Draken asks. His hand presses against her cheek again. (Y/N) nods. With a sigh, Draken drives her to school. When they get to the parking lot, Draken gets off of his bike with (Y/N).

"What are you doing?"

Draken wraps his arms around her, kissing her forehead. He rests his chin on her head, staying like that for a long moment before saying, "If you start feeling sick then call me. I'll take you home." He kisses her face once more before leaving.

With a sigh -and a sniff- (Y/N) walks into school. Within minutes she realizes she should have stayed home. Her mood is deteriorating by the second. Her eyes hurt and her stomach aches. By lunch time her face is about as red as Takemichi's, who is still burnt from the beach incident.

"Hey, I really think you should go home." Takemichi says. He looks a little scared to get too close, though he still pats her arm reassuringly.

"Yeah, you don't look so good...." Says Hinata. She leans over the lunch table to feel (Y/N)'s forehead. "(Y/N)! You are going home right now." She pulls out her phone, her fingers flying over the buttons.

"What're you doin'?" Asks (Y/N) groggily.

"Takemichi-Kun, you stay with (Y/N). I'm going to go get her stuff. Draken will be over soon to pick her up and take her home." Says Hinata. She turns her back to (Y/N) in order to avoid the protests she knows will come soon.

(Y/N) sighs, laying her head down in her arms. Her eyes hurt. Her head aches. She feels dazed, her eyelids seem almost impossible to keep open. Takemichi rubs her back gently, trying his very best to sooth her. After many minutes, Hinata walks back over to their table. She hands Takemichi (Y/N)'s bag and asks him to take her to wait for Draken. Without hesitation Takemichi agrees. He holds onto her elbow as they walk, carful to not let anything bad happen to her. She shakes hard, her teeth chattering. She knows it's at least 80 degrees outside today, but to her it feels like it's freezing. Takemichi rubs her shoulder as they walk, a deep frown on his face.

They sit down together on a bench. Takemichi lets (Y/N) lean her head on his shoulder. He places the back of his hand on her forehead, sucking in a harsh breath of air when he feels how warm she is. His frown intensifies. Takemichi and (Y/N) have become increasingly close friends over the course of the months she's been here. He can feel her body shaking. The chatter of her teeth is very audible, along with the sounds of Draken's motorcycles.

Draken had practically flown to their school. His eyes are filled with worry when he looks at (Y/N)'s miserable face. Wordless, Takemichi stands up to let Draken take it from here. Draken nods to him, showing his appreciation silently. Draken crouches down, his elbows resting on (Y/N)'s knees as he feels her forehead and cheeks. A grim look comes over his face, though he grabs (Y/N)'s hands and stands up.