Ends and Beginnings (Chapter 39)

Season one spoiler warning!! Warning, these last two chapters are going to get pretty sad, but if you don't read to the end of both chapters you won't get to see how the story resolves.

Baji Keisuke.... His smile shone bright in (Y/N)'s mind, his eyes crinkling at the corners. He looked so happy. She hopes to see that brightness in him again after she saves him.

When he smiles, it makes her smile, along with all of Toman. What a beautiful person. No matter how hard he tries, he'll never be able to make Chifuyu stop caring about him, which is one of the many reasons (Y/N) must save him. Chifuyu won't be able to handle losing him. The death of Baji Keisuke might just mean the loss of Chifuyu.

Watching him now, he's such an impressive person, easily taking down fifty guys. The only problem is that everyone has their limits and time simply isn't on Baji's side. The stab wound seems to catch up to him finally, just as he has won the battle. He shakes slightly, blood spilling out. Before she knew it, Chifuyu was to his aid and Mikey was beating the shit out of Kazutora.

He's going to kill him....

If Kazutora dies then Mikey will go to jail. Is Baji already dead? Was all of this for nothing?

"No, no, no, no," (Y/N) whispers, tears filling her eyes. Everything for nothing. Baji is going to die, and so will Kazutora. Then Mikey will disappear behind the prison walls and she'll be down two friends.

She thinks about Draken and the life he's had. Not only will he lose Baji but maybe even his best friend, Mikey.

Her body shakes uncontrollably. She's paralysed. They're going to die, all of them. She's going to lose them all, no, no, no.

She thinks back to her early memories with Draken. That awkward encounter at the store, the sleepovers and movie nights. Playing with Mr. Whiskers. Baji.... He and Chifuyu both like cats. She recalls fondly the time Chifuyu had told her about them feeding stray cats.

"Baji-San...."

(Y/N) looks up, her heart swelling with hope, and there he stands. He smiles down at her, "Don't look so down, (Y/N)-Chan."

She blinks a few times before his smile slowly fades into a more somber look. He turns away from her and looks down at the scene before him.

"Mikey," he calls.

The sound of Mikey's fist colliding with Kazutora's face stops abruptly. He stands up after a moment, looking at Baji with hope evident in his gaze.

"You got mad for my sake," Baji says. He gives Mikey a wide grin, "Thanks."

"Baji-San, don't be moving around!" Chifuyu exclaims. He fusses over Baji, who smiles at him sadly.

Baji brushes Chifuyu off, walking down towards Mikey and Kazutora.

"I won't die, not yet. That wasn't enough to kill me."

Baji stands over Kazutora, who looks up at him. Kazutora's eyes shine with tears.

"Don't worry about it, Kazutora."

Blood oozes out of his stab wound. How can he possibly survive? He pulls out a knife. Everything seems to happen in slow motion.

"I won't die at your hand."

Baji raises the knife, and plunges it downwards. She acts without thinking.

"Don't be a dumbass," (Y/N) laughs softly. She grabs the knife from Baji and tucks it away in her pocket.

"(Y/N)-Chan—"

"Baji, how much of a moron can you be? He won't go to jail if you don't die, come on."

She speaks softy. Nobody else talks. Everyone's eyes are on her. And before she even realizes it, Baji is on the ground.

"My... my legs. I can't feel them."

"Huh?" (Y/N) gasps. "Can't feel them?"

"(Y/N)!" Draken shouts. She watches him run towards her. What is happening? Why does he look so scared? There's nothing to be afraid of, Baji's alive!

Police sirens wail in the distance and the quietness is broken by the chaos of people running. There's a sudden strong sense of pain in her skull that shakes her being. The world goes blank.

Mitsuya and the others force Draken and Mikey away from her body after Mitsuya explains that they can't help. All they can do is pray the doctors get to (Y/N) and Baji in time.

Everything falls away. There's a ringing in her ears, but she can't see or move. Gosh, being dead sure isn't as interesting as she thought it would be.

Will Baji die after all? Could she not even save him? How pathetic. Her mind runs through all of the things she'll never get to do and all of the mistakes she'll never get to fix.

Will she be missed? Yes. Will she have to fight any more? No. Finally, peace.

They'll remember her. The lake will remind them that she lived. It's a little funny having someone who's been a constant part of your life disappear. Her only regret was dying before Draken and Mikey. She knows how much it would have hurt to lose them, but at least they wouldn't be feeling this pain now.

Draken's face pops up in her head.

"Is she really dead?"

Yes.

TO BE CONTINUED....

Word count: 862

Make sure to Upvote/ Comment/ Follow!