'Why Am I Here?' (Chapter 15)

No spoilers or TWs.

(Y/N) had just arrived at the Toman meeting Draken had told her about. It's not a mandatory meeting for all members, but he wanted her to come. If (Y/N) had known she wouldn't be allowed to listen then she wouldn't have come. Draken had tried to say she should be allowed to listen, but Mikey refused. He had said that even though he likes (Y/N), it's not necessary for her to be there. This means she had to sit around on her own for an hour outside of where the Division leaders are talking. After about forty  minutes, Baji and Mitsuya had come outside to sit with her.

"Why am I here?" Asks (Y/N).

"I like you, (Y/N)-Chan, but I have absolutely no idea why Draken invited you." Says Baji. "Heard Mikey wants to make you an official member though."

"Really?" Asks (Y/N). She had never heard this bit of information.

"Yeah, I heard the same." Says Mitsuya. "That day you slapped Kiyomasa to protect Takemichi. He wanted to recruit you then. Guess he thought you might be promising." Mitsuya says. He pulls his knees to his chest and looks out over the dark empty parking lot.

"Ah yeah, wish I could have been there to see that slap. Draken's been talking about it for months." Says Baji. "Still mentions it every so often."

"You're so cool, (Y/N)-Chan!" Says Mitsuya. He smiles at (Y/N) and she smiles back.

"Thank you, Mitsuya-Kun." (Y/N) says. "When do you think we can leave?"

"We can go now if you want, (Y/N). Your house isn't far from mine. I didn't bring my bike though." Mitsuya says.

"It's fine, we can walk."

"I would walk with you guys, but I have to go somewhere afterwards." Says Baji. "I can break the unfortunate news to Draken if ya want. He definitely isn't going to be happy with you, Mitsuya." Baji smirks, pulling his knees up to his chest just like Mitsuya.

Mitsuya turns a little pale, "Oh yeah, he will be mad, huh. It's fine, I can tell him. Just gotta get my argument ready."

"What do you mean?" Asks (Y/N).

"Well, he'll try to say that you like him more and therefore he should take you home. Then he'll also try to say that he can protect you. He'll probably also mention that you prefer him take you home." Mitsuya says with grin. He thinks for a few moments before opening the door. "Oi, Draken, I'm taking (Y/N) home." He says before quickly slamming the door shut. Mitsuya grabs (Y/N)'s arm and begins pulling her along frantically, "Let's go, he can't stop us if we're already gone—"

"Wait a damn second," Draken says as he stomps out of the warehouse. "Where do you think you're going?"

"We are going home."

"No, I'll take (Y/N) home. She likes me more than you so I can take her home."

"But you're busy."

"But I need to protect (Y/N). Can't have her walking home this late without someone to protect her." Says Draken. He swings his arms around dramatically, pointing towards the sky. It's so dark and cloudy that (Y/N) can't even see the stars.

"I doubt she'll need protection and if she does then I'll be there."

"No. She wants me to take her home anyways, don't you, (Y/N)." Draken says. Mitsuya grins at (Y/N). He was absolutely right about what Draken would say.

"It's fine, I want to walk home with Mitsuya-Kun. You live on the other side of town. I don't want to make you drive me all the way home and then come back all this way just for me." Says (Y/N).