'Are We About To Kiss Right Now' (Chapter 16)

No spoilers or TWs. I feel like this chapter is a little cringe though so sorry baes

(Y/N) stares up at the cloudy dark sky, "Think we should leave? Looks like it might storm."

"No, it's fine." Says Draken. He sets his hands on his hips proudly as he walks in front of (Y/N). She can't help but think about how attractive he looks.

It's eerie how dark the sky is becoming. The farther they get down the park trail the darker the clouds get. (Y/N) worries even more, knowing it'll take at least half an hour to get back to her house even if they run.

They've been walking in the park for about an hour now. They had come after (Y/N) said she was bored just sitting around in her bedroom. Draken had suggested a walk, which they often did when they're bored, and it had seemed to be a good idea at the time. Now it isn't quite as appealing. Occasionally, one of them would grab the others hand as they walked, but they would only hold each other's hands for a few minutes at most. For some reason it seemed impossible to hold his hand for any longer than that.

"Are you sure it's a good idea to stay out when the sky looks like that?" Asks (Y/N). Her hands gravitate to his arm as they continue on.

"Yeah, a little rain won't hurt." Draken says as it begins sprinkling. Within seconds it's pouring down rain. (Y/N) can barely even see where she's going.

"Real good idea!" She shouts over the mixed sound of the wind and rain.

"Shut up and help me look for shelter!" Shouts Draken. "We can wait for it to clear up! Your house is way too far to run back to!" He grabs her hand to keep her from slipping and then pulls her down the trail, which is quickly turning to mud.

They run for a good few minutes before finding anything, but Draken does spot what appears to be an abandoned warehouse. Half of a car sits outside of it, completely rusted-out. The warehouse is smaller than the one they usually hang out at and even more busted up. It doesn't look entirely safe.

"This will do!" Draken shouts to (Y/N). She stares at him for only a minute before following after him. "Wonder why the doors open. Whatever, it's shelter for us."

"Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Yeah" Draken says as he shuts the door that had been propped open previously.

"Well, last time you said that something was a good idea—"

"Oh, shut up." Says Draken. He pulls his hair-tie out and runs his hands through his hair quickly. "Fucking pouring."

(Y/N) nods, shivering slightly. It's gotten cold quickly. Today wasn't exactly a warm day and now it's pouring down rain. (Y/N) shivers again, trying not to think about how cold she is. She walks closer to Draken and grabs his hand, leaning her head into his arm.

The warehouse is mostly empty in the front, but off to the back there are piles of a random assortment of things.

"You're shivering." Says Draken. He takes his hand out of hers and wraps his arm around her shoulders. "I'm sorry, (Y/N). We should have gone home right away."

"It's okay," (Y/N) replies. Her voice cracks slightly and she feels on the verge of tears. It's cold and she doesn't know how far they are from her house now. The harder the rain gets the more down (Y/N)'s spirits become. She presses her face into his chest and they stay there like that for awhile.

"(Y/N), you wait here. I'm going to go check if it's stopped raining yet." Draken says. He takes off his jacket and drapes it over her shoulders.

(Y/N) sits down on the ground, holding his jacket close around her. There's a few loud bangs and she looks over to Draken. He wears a look of deep dread on his face as he looks back at her. He turns to the door, trying again.