Fight (Chapter 35)

No spoilers or TWs.

"I don't want you fighting." Hinata says.

(Y/N) stops in her tracks, turning to eye Hinata. Emma looks in between the two, her eyes filled with worry and curiosity.

"You can't keep me from it. Takemichi-Kun, Mikey-Kun, and Ken-Kun are all going to be there too. I'm sure you don't want them getting hurt either." Says (Y/N).

"No. You're my cousin and I'm not going to let you." Says Hinata in a dark tone. (Y/N) rolls her eyes.

"Like I said, you can't keep me from fighting. I'm not going to sit back and watch my friends fight. They need me and I need them. If one of them dies I'll never forgive myself." Murmurs (Y/N).

"Don't be stupid." Hinata snaps. "If you get hurt then... then... I don't know what I'll do."

"Stop acting like I can't protect myself. I can. Takemichi is the one you should be worried about. I'm not changing my mind so if you're set on keeping someone from fighting go try to convince him." Says (Y/N). She continues walking down the street.

It angers (Y/N) that Hinata is acting like she can't defend herself. It's not like she wants to fight Valhalla. She needs to protect her friends. If Mikey, Mitsuya, Draken, Takemichi or any of the others really, are going to fight then she is too.

"Erm— Hina-Chan... I wouldn't suggest trying to talk her out of it. Mikey's the exact same way." Murmurs Emma. (Y/N)'s temper lowers a bit when she sees that Emma isn't going to take Hinata's side on the issue.

Emma. Hinata and (Y/N) had invited her to come eat lunch with them once they realized they were both friends with her. (Y/N) didn't quite know if they were already friends, but nevertheless it gave her an opportunity to get to know her better.

The three continue on down the street, Emma helping to get conversation going.

"Hina-Chan, I really like that necklace! Where'd you get it?" Emma asks. She walks between (Y/N) and Hinata.

"The store beside our apartment complex. It's where (Y/N) got Draken-Kun his ring." Says Hinata. She seems to be somewhat over the quarrel with (Y/N). "Have you seen it?"

"Yeah I did! I think he's going to like it. I'm pretty sure Draken got (Y/N) her necklace from that place too. It's pretty good for jewelry." Emma replies. "Don't you think, (Y/N)-Chan?"

"Yeah. It's got good stuff for reasonable prices." (Y/N) murmurs.

"I might buy Mikey something there." Says Emma.

"We can go with you if you'd like. Help you look." Suggests (Y/N). Emma's eyes light up and she places her hands on (Y/N)'s shoulders.

"That's a really good idea!" She exclaims. "Maybe another time though. Mikey and I are going somewhere after lunch today."

"Oh? Do you know if Draken-Kun is busy?" Hinata asks.

"I doubt it." Emma says. She smiles politely at (Y/N). "Are you going to give him the ring soon?"

(Y/N) thinks about that for a moment. He probably isn't busy, right? Maybe she can invite him over tonight. He's been big on touch lately so she's sure he would accept the offer. Lately he never stops hugging and kissing her, patting her head, and holding her hands.

She thinks it's because of that day she had disappeared without a word. He seemed to be quite a bit shaken by the thought of her being gone. At first (Y/N) had kind of thought that he was overreacting that day, but she knows how it feels to think you're losing someone you deeply care for. She knows she probably would have reacted similarly.