Betrayal (Chapter 33)

Episode 15 spoilers. No TWs.

Draken's fingers intertwine through (Y/N)'s as they walk to school. Naoto glances up at Draken every so often, his eyes full of curiosity. It had been months since she last walked to school with Naoto and Hinata. Hinata suggested that they all walk together this morning and Naoto had insisted (Y/N) bring Draken along. Naoto's never had an actual conversation with Draken, which is why it's so strange that he was so keen to have Draken come with them. 

"Want to go to the lake with me, the twins, Takemitchy, Mikey, and Mitsuya tonight?" Draken murmurs.

"Sure." (Y/N) says stiffly. She had almost asked about Baji, but then she recalled the most recent Toman meeting. Of course he won't be there.

"So, (Y/N), think we'll ever have Draken-Kun over for a family dinner?" Asks Hinata. (Y/N) glances up at Draken to see his bright cheeks. He eyes her curiously.

"Maybe, but do you think your dad would want to meet him? Your mother hadn't been able to get a good enough look at him when she saw him." Says (Y/N). "I mean, your dad is a cop after all."

"True. There's no way you could mistake Draken for any normal guy, no offense." Says Hinata. Draken nods, his ears and cheeks turning a faint shade of pink. "Maybe he can wear his hair down." She says with a grin.

"Uhm, yeah, no. Either way, that won't help much." Says Draken. (Y/N) nods thoughtfully.

"I guess we might be able to think of something." Says Hinata. "Forget the idea for now, 'kay?"

Draken and (Y/N) nod. Naoto almost trips on a rock, not paying attention to where he's going. He stumbles, arms flailing. Hinata and (Y/N) laugh loudly at him. Naoto begins bickering with his sister over whether or not his near collision with the ground was funny or not.

Draken seems lost in thought so (Y/N) decides it best not to disturb him.

"Have a good day at school." Says (Y/N). She grabs his cheeks firmly before pulling his face towards hers and giving him a prompt kiss. His lips are so soft, softer than you would think. He looks a little surprised, though his grin doesn't falter.

"You too."

(Y/N) snatches up Draken's hand, yanking him back towards her when she remembers the ring.

"I have a present for you by the way. Don't forget that."

"Can I have it now—"

"No!" (Y/N) says cheerfully, waving while she hurries towards the school. Draken looks a little irritated though he shakes it off quickly.

"Present?" Questions Hinata. (Y/N) makes sure Draken is far enough away before she pulls the box out of her bag and flips it open.

"Wow! That is so cute! Where did you find it?"

"The store that you get groceries at! You wouldn't expect it, right? It was only 5,000 yen too!" (Y/N) says proudly.

"Well if I ever decide to get Takemichi-Kun something then I guess I know where I'll be shopping." Laughs Hinata. (Y/N) smiles while simultaneously placing the box back into her bag. She puts it away with such cautiousness that people passing by might just think that whatever's inside is of great value, though to her, it is.

The school day seems to drag by, each second feeling like an eternity. The thought of how he'll react to the present gets (Y/N) thinking about Draken more. She turned glum only half way through the day. All this thinking about him really makes her miss him.

School lets out and she decides to go find Takemichi to ask him for a copy of a paper she's missing. When she gets to the door of his classroom she's surprised to find a boy standing in the doorway. He gives her a strange feeling and he doesn't even know she's there. His hair is black with yellow strands. He wears an earring in one ear. (Y/N) can't see his face yet.