'Cold' (Chapter 25)

No spoilers or TWs.

"We should go to the beach."

That was the unfortunate sentence Mikey spoke the previous night.

***

"We should go to the beach." Mikey says. His head rests on (Y/N)'s shoulder very casually. "We could bring the others along too. Baji, Chifuyu, the twins, and Mitsuya. Takemitchy too."

"I don't know about that—" Draken begins. He doesn't particularly want to go, but...

"Sounds like fun." (Y/N) says. Draken nods his head.

"Yep, let's do it." Says Draken. He agrees simply because (Y/N) wants to go. He doesn't have any other reason to want to come along.

They spent the rest of the afternoon working out details about the beach. They all decided to meet up at 11 the next day. (Y/N) hadn't talked to the twins much yet so she was a little weary of it, but she's made small talk with Nahoya before. Him and his brother, Souta, seemed alright.

Draken had told her before she left that he would walk down with her. Mikey, having heard what Draken said, declared he too would walk with (Y/N). Draken found it particularly annoying, but he decided it didn't matter. At least he would get to spend tomorrow with her. It was fun having something to look forward to, especially when it involved (Y/N). Draken finds that his life just about revolves around her. Anytime he makes plans, he thinks about her and if she would either come along or be upset she couldn't come along. Whenever he goes to the store, he can't help but think about her when he sees little things to remind him of her. She's all he really thinks about. "What's (Y/N) up to?" "How's (Y/N)'s day going?" "What does (Y/N) want to do today?" Are all questions that he commonly asks himself.

They have become exceptionally close, especially since his near death. They spend even more time together than they had previously. And now, he has at least twenty picture of her or her and him on his phone. He never knew how much he would want, or even need them. When they are away from each other for long periods of time he likes to look at the pictures of them. It makes him miss her more, but it also puts a smile on his face. He loves (Y/N) more than anyone will ever be able to comprehend.

***

"Hey, (Y/N)-Chin!" Mikey exclaims as he hops into her arms, making her carry him like a small child.

"Hi, Mikey-Kun." Says (Y/N). Draken scowls at the back of Mikey's head, but (Y/N) just shrugs.

"You look so pretty today, (Y/N)!"

"You and Ken-Kun say that everyday, Mikey."

"That's because it's true. You always look pretty." Says Mikey.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome, bestie!" Mikey says cheerfully. They continue on down the road, (Y/N) still carrying Mikey while he and Draken bicker over something.

The beach is only a fifteen minute walk from her apartment, so they make it there in no time at all. They find Mitsuya and Takemichi right away since the two wait together at the entrance to the beach. The twins had shown up along with Baji and Chifuyu only minutes after Draken, Mikey, and (Y/N) had.

Mikey jumps out of her arms. He skips ahead of everyone. (Y/N) helps Mitsuya carry everything. Once Draken noticed her helping, he too pitched in.

"I'm happy you're here, (Y/N)." Mitsuya states as they carry everything. "You aren't as insane as the others." Draken shoots him a dirty look and (Y/N) laughs.