Home (Chapter 30)

No TWs or Spoilers.

"Make me something to eat, Ken-Chin." Says Mikey. He sits down cross-armed and cross-legged on the couch.

"What? No, I don't feel like cooking right now. You make yourself something to eat if you're hungry." Complains Draken.

"I don't think (Y/N) would be happy to hear you're letting her bestie starve!" Mikey says in a threatening tone. He's been using the same threat to get Draken to do things for him since before she and Draken even started dating.

"You aren't seven. Go make yourself something to eat." Draken says. He rolls his eyes. "I'm leaving to meet up with (Y/N) in half an hour."

"Ooh, can I—"

"You aren't coming along."

"What? Why not?" Queried Mikey. He stomps his foot, pouting like a child.

"Because it's a date. You aren't going to come with us."Draken tells him. He crosses his arms over his chest. Everytime he's ever mentioned (Y/N), Mikey insists on coming along.

"You can't make me hang out by myself and not feed me!" Exclaims Mikey. He shakes his head, "That's cruel! I don't think (Y/N) would—"

"Will you leave me alone if I make you food?" Draken sighs. He would like to be done with this entire thing. He's been waiting all day to get out of school so that he could meet up with (Y/N) and take her on their date. The week had felt exceptionally slow since they first scheduled the date.

"Yes!"

Draken sighs again before hurrying off to the kitchen. At least this will give him something to do while he waits. He lets his mind wander while he turns to autopilot.

What does he need to do before their date? Does he smell alright? Does he look okay? He's already taken a -very long- shower. He did his braid multiple times before finally getting the perfect one. Does he have any of Mr. Whiskers fur on him? No, he spent twenty minutes making sure he didn't. Draken's always been good about keeping himself clean, yet he worries about the smallest things now. He knows (Y/N) doesn't care, yet he still strives to impress her.

After finishing Mikey's food he rushes out of the house, struggling to contain his excitement. He drives dangerously fast down the road. He knows that if (Y/N) were here then she would be complaining about him risking his life for stupid reasons. To her, a few waisted seconds aren't anything to fret over, but to Draken they mean everything. When he pulls up to (Y/N)'s apartment complex she's already standing there waiting for him, awkwardly.

"I'm surprised to see that you're late." Comments (Y/N). She doesn't say it to complain. She isn't mad, just surprised. Draken's usually always over to her house twenty minutes early for dates.

"Sorry I had to feed Mikey."

(Y/N) nods understandingly, even though she's never had to feed Mikey before. She understands how it feels to take care of him, especially when he's constantly making her carry him around like a child. He likes to cling to her as if he actually is her child. Draken used to find it annoying, but it's kind of funny now. It's comforting to see his best friend and girlfriend are such good friends. He'll never have to be one of those guys who constantly worries about his girlfriend and friends not getting along. His friends are (Y/N)'s friends.

"Where are we off to?" Draken inquires. (Y/N) grins.

"I'm glad you asked!" She exclaims. "Let's go. It's not far from here."

Draken nods, following behind her. He thinks about how pretty she looks. He wants to say something, but it's a little too late now. Maybe he can bring her beauty up at some point during their date.