Emma (Chapter 32)

No spoilers or TWs

Draken and Mitsuya are both busy and therefore (Y/N) is left on her own and bored out of her mind. She had asked Hinata to hang out, but she's on an apparent date with Takemichi.

Stupid Mitchy.

To her dismay, (Y/N) realize she needs more friends who aren't members of Toman. If only people from school weren't as hesitant to talk to her, then maybe she would be friends with more of them.

What even is there to do on the weekend for fun when nobody else is free? She misses Draken. Even Mitsuya. Maybe Mikey is free? She pulls up his contact info and texts him a quick message:

Michael

Hey Bestie :)))
Are you doing anything? I'm bored :(

She waits for awhile, unfortunately she doesn't get a response which means he's probably unavailable. Is there anything she needs to do? Nothing comes to mind. Maybe there's something in the kitchen that will cure her boredom.

She walks into the kitchen, opening up the fridge. Nothing in there looks interesting enough to eat. She opens the freezer and the cabinets, yet still, nothing comes to mind. And then she gets a thought. Her necklace.

Draken had bought it for her so long ago now. She hasn't bought him anything memorable since they met. How had this never come to mind?

(Y/N) decides it'll cure her bored state and maybe even put a smile on Draken's face.

She takes her time walking from the apartment complex to the store. It isn't very far from the apartment, but she knows she'll find herself bored and maybe a bit lonely if she gets back to the apartment too soon.

When she walks into the store she makes her way over to the jewellery section. She crouches down, looking over all of the different options. What would he like? She runs her fingers over some of the material, thoughtfully.

"Is there anything I can help you out with?" Asks an employee in a overly cheerful manner. Tiny freckles dot his face. His eyes are opened wide, as if he's in a constant state of surprise. "We've got a wide selection."

(Y/N) doesn't like how cheerful he is, but she agrees. She pulls off her necklace that Draken had given her and stands up to show it to the employee. He smiles, nodding.

"Oh yes, we have plenty of jewellery that would work with this. Are you looking to create a set?" Asks the employee. His smile is eerie, though (Y/N) passes it as forced friendliness.

"No. I want to get something that matches for someone else." Replies (Y/N). Her eyes trail on the man as she follows him towards the huge glass case at the front of the department.

"Okay!"

He unlocks the case strangely effortlessly. He pulls out four different boxes, all of them being of a velvety material. (Y/N) reaches out slowly to take the first one. When the employee doesn't say anything, she pulls it open. It seems to be another necklace. It looks a lot like hers. It's a little boring for her taste, so she snaps the case close.

She takes the second one. It's an earring with a very detailed dragon on it. She considers it for a second, but decides against it in the end. Would Draken want to swap it out for the one he always wears?