Wheelie (Epilogue)

No spoiler or TW. Might continue this eventually, but for now this is the ending. I finished this months ago but forgot to publish it... anyways, enjoy!

"Okay, so basically," Mikey says through laughter, "Baji's dumbass decided he wanted to come visit you at 4AM a few nights before you woke up." He laughs harder, holding his stomach with his hands.

"He was, you know, wheeling his bed down the fucking hallway. No clue how he got all the way down to your room, but the dumbass tries—" little tears run down the sides of his face as he laughs harder yet, "—he tries to get his entire hospital bed through the doorway. 4AM. It gets— stuck."

Draken, Mikey, and Chifuyu all laugh. Baji sits in the corner, arms crossed angrily.

"So the nurses have to come pull his stuck bed out of the doorway. They ask him— they ask how he got stuck all the way down there and he tells them that he could fit through his door so he assumed he could fit through yours and he just kept pushing."

Mikey laughs so hard his cackles turn into wheezes.

"Why did he bring the entire bed with him?" Asks (Y/N), intrigued.

"That's what the nurses ask and he goes— he says that he wanted to visit you but they told him to stay in bed. So he brought his entire bed down to you."

"It was a pretty good idea..." Baji huffs.

Chifuyu, Draken, Mikey, and now (Y/N) too, all laugh.

"How did you even get an entire hospital bed out of one room, down the hallway, and stuck in the doorway of another room? While not being able to walk either!" Mikey chuckles.

"Brains. You think I'm dumb but I'm smart enough to get all the way over there. And they can't even yell at me cause I didn't get out of my bed!" Baji explains. He seems impressed with his idea.

"Mhm, 'brains'" Draken says, making air-quotes around the last word.

"I don't know if I'm more impressed he got all the way down there or amazed at how dumb Baji actually is." Says (Y/N) with a grin. Baji gives her a scowl before turning back towards the wall to continue pouting.

"Considering he stayed in the hospital for awhile, there are a lot of really good stories we can tell you about him," Mikey says, smiling at her, "while you recover we can tell you all about his hospital stay."

Baji wheeled his wheelchair over to them, purposely running over Mikey's feet.

"Baji!" Mikey shouted, quickly pulling his feet up and settling them on the couch.

(Y/N) laughed, which makes Baji grin menacingly at Mikey. 

"Another thing," Draken says, "On a more serious note, Baji, tell her what the doctors told you today."

Today was his first day out of the hospital. He came to visit them as soon as he could. Mitsuya really wanted to visit them too, but he had to babysit.

"They said that my legs probably won't ever work again. They also told me why they don't work," Baji says. The look in his eyes makes (Y/N) sad. Sure, he is alive, but will he actually never walk again? "They said that just the area where I got stabbed, my spinal cord —or something— got partially severed and then broke later on during the fight."

(Y/N) nods solemnly, "I'm sorry Baji...."

"Don't be," he says in a soft voice, "just because I may never walk again," his voice shakes, "doesn't mean I'm not happy to be alive. You saved me." He gives her a big toothy grin.

She can see that he's happy to be alive, but she also sees the pain in his face. He won't ever walk again, which means he can't fight.

"Anyways, wanna watch me do a wheelie?" Baji asks, his eyes wide.