Family Photo - Nobunaga

Nobu POV

Today was another dreary and wet day. The rain was coming down in bucket loads almost as though whatever almighty form was up there was angry with the world if there even is one.

I was walking around a neighbouring town with my small entourage as the rain came down. I looked up to the sky and held out my hand feeling the large droplets splatter against the back of my hand and roll off my fingers.

"We will turn back, we cannot continue the inspection in this weather" I told my men and they all agreed with whatever I had to say as they always did. On our way back, we passed a small village and inside that village was a family consisting of a mother and a father and a son and daughter, all were playing out in the rain.

I could tell that they did not have much to their name but their smiles were the biggest and brightest I'd ever seen, second only to my fireball of course.

After slowly and carefully heading back to Azuchi, my men insisted I take a bath to staff off any illness that might come my way. I agreed to shut them up and sank myself in the water.

While I was resting with the water up to my neck I suddenly thought back to the family I had seen earlier that day and I couldn't get them off my mind. How could they smile so wide when they were as poor as a church mouse.

I had never been given the opportunity to play like that as a child, my days were full of politics and training from the moment I could walk. It's not that I wish I could have been as free as though children but it seems to me like people who do not have much are usually happier with their family than lords would be with their children, it must come down to that they do not have anything but each other. I could almost be envious of them.

Even though my body was warm, I could not feel it.

I got dressed and heading towards Y/n's room. When I opened the screen door, she was immersed in sewing a kimono, the concentration lines in between her eyes were proof of that.

I sat down leisurely and watched her expert hands and the expressions flittering across her face. She truly was a master at her craft.

Suddenly she noticed me with a start and put down her equipment. "Nobunaga!, I didn't see you come in, when did you get here?" clearly she was startled and it was quite adorable to see her so flustered at my sudden appearance.

"I have been here for quite some time now" I answered letting my eyes bore into hers, her reactions were so much fun.

She looked around nervously, everywhere but me. "W..what about your inspection?, wasn't that today?" she asked me and I decided to tell her the truth

"I cancelled it because of the rain and there is nothing else on my schedule today as it was supposed to last all day" I leaned towards her and placed my hand on her warming cheek "so I'm going to spend the whole day with you"

"Oh. Let me just finish this kimono and then I'll be right with you, it's imperative that I get it done by today" she admitted. Fine by me, I'm sure I can find something to keep myself occupied until she is done.

I looked around her room and my eyes settled on the bag she had brought with her from her time.

She saw me looking at it so she picked it up and plopped it down in my lap with a thump. "Here, look through this"

My eyes lit up and my curiosity was peaked, she giggled at this much to my displeasure. She picked her sewing implements back up and the concentration was clear on her face yet again.

I did not struggle with the zip this time as she had called it the first time I had looked through this bag of hers. I pawed through the contents and pulled a few items that I was already familiar with and laid them on the floor. One of those items was a rectangle made from a reflective surface that I could only describe as out of this world.