My Scars Will Fade With Your Love - Nobunaga

This is not a self-insert story as I felt it would work better using a name. Mai is the real name of MC so I'm using it as a place holder.

"How about this one?" Mai gingerly ran her fingers across the mottled scar running along the side of Nobunaga's left ankle. It was lighter than the rest of his skin and it almost felt colder too.

"That one? I was nicked on the battlefield about 4 years ago by a fallen soldier". His hands were carding through her soft and silken hair as he explained how he received each and every one of his scars.

Mai listened to Nobunaga's explanation while tracing the outline of the pale mark. In every gentle stroke, she suffused her wish that she could erase his painful past with just her touch.

"It must have been so painful, I'm sorry" she mumbled quietly while continuing to lovingly run her fingers over it.

"Why are you saying sorry, Mai?" Nobunaga queried confusingly, his hand stilling in her hair.

"I don't know" she laughed awkwardly. "I guess I just wish you never had to feel the pain" her eyes were glistening with unshed tears as she directed them towards his.

Nobunaga untangled his hand from her fine light brown hair. Brushing his thumbs delicately under her eyes. He silently leaned forward and encased her in his gentle and tender embrace.

Mai rested her head on his shoulder as she wound her hands around his broad back and softly rubbed soothing circles into it. Nobunaga couldn't help but chuckle at the situation, she was comforting him even though the sadness in her eyes was a far greater pain to him than any injury he could suffer.

Speaking into his neck, Mai whispered "I'm sure you'll receive no end of painful marks in your life" She lifted herself up and looked directly into his carmine eyes. "While there is not much I can do for the physical kind..." Mai took a deep breath. "I hope you'll let me heal any painful marks your kind heart may sustain".

She moved closer to him and pressed a warm and searing kiss to his cold cheek. She would give him any number of sweet kisses if they worked in thawing his long-frozen heart.

Nobunaga's eyes had widened and he looked at her incredulously as though her strength and love had impressed him.

He pulled her towards him again and held her tightly. Their hearts beat in perfect sync while they held each other closely in their warming arms.

Regaling her with the stories of the rest of his scars could wait. For now, he just wanted to carry on being connected to her, to feel the warmth she radiated against him and to feel her heart beat against his for the rest of the night.

AUTHORS NOTE

Yet again a year has gone by and it is my birthday again today and also Nobunaga's 440th death anniversary. I did the same thing last year and released a fanfic for Nobunaga so here's another one. I hope you enjoyed it!. Stay safe!