When You Flinch During An Argument - Kenshin

You were late again because you were to absorbed in getting your sewing commissions finished before the deadline you set for yourself.

You knew Kenshin was probably going to be mad as he had made plans with you tonight and you'd missed them.

You ran down the hallways of Kasugayama castle towards your shared room. As you opened the door you saw him sitting at his desk he didn't even look up when you came in he just kept his head down looking at something with a glare on his face.

"Kenshin, look I'm sor-" you started to say but you were cut off by his sharp icy words

"No, save it" He still hadn't looked up and you were starting to get nervous that this could cause lasting problems in your relationship.

"But please, just listen" You pleaded and made a move to get closer to him

"LEAVE!!" you stop dead in your tracks, feet glued to the floor at the way he raised his voice at you, you had never heard him use that tone before with YOU and honesty it kind of frightened you. "I'm sick of it! Y/n, we make plans to do something and you are always late, DO YOU JUST NOT CARE ABOUT ME ANYMORE?!, ABOUT US?!?!" he moved from his desk and walked quickly up to you, his eyes angry his fists clenched. You had never been more terrified of him. He was mad.

You started to back away, shaking but he just kept coming closer, glaring at you, hating you with his eyes. 

He moved his arm in a quick motion and in that moment you thought he was going to hit you, You flinched and quickly put your arms over your head and dropped to the floor, cowering in fear.

He stopped, staring down at you when it hit him that you were afraid of him. Pain etched across his face, heartbroken. His features softened as he realised why you were shaking.

"Y.. Y/n, d..did you really t..think I was going t..to" he didn't finish the sentence. You looked up just slightly enough to see his expression. He could see how scared you were and how you actually thought he was coming to hit you

"Oh baby, I'm s..sorry"  he reached down with his hands to help you.

But you moved away, completely terrified upon seeing this a single tear travelled down Kenshin's cheek, which was soon followed by more tears.

He moved his hand away straight away. 

"I...I'm sorry, I didn't mean it Y/n, but how c..c..could you think I would ever h...hit you, I would never h...hurt y..you, I love you Y/n" Kenshin was now sobbing at what he'd done, why would you want to stay with him now after he scared you is what is running through his head.

You then started to bawl your eyes out as everything caught up with you. You lunged yourself into Kenshin's arms and he wrapped his around you tightly. Both crying all over each other.

"I'm s..sorry too, I don't mean to miss our dates i just get so caught up and of course I care about you Kenshin, I never stopped caring about you. I love you" you were grabbing onto his kimono, strangled cry's ripping from your chest.

He slid his hand underneath your legs and lifted you up with ease. "Ahhh" you shouted from being surprised. He placed you down on the futon and pulled you towards him, tight against his body.

"So, am I forgiven?" He asked nervously while stroking your hair and planting little kisses on the crook of your neck. 

"Yes, do you forgive me too?" You hoped his answer was also yes

"Of course I do baby, why dont we head to sleep and forget this ever happened" he suggested and it sounded really nice to you after all that had happened you were exhausted.

"Okay and we can spend all day together tomorrow, let me make it up to you" you pleaded waiting for an answer.

"That sounds nice, goodnight Y/n" he pulled the cover over you both and you hesitantly put your arms around him.

He noticed but decided not to say anything as he didn't want to make you feel uncomfortable and he knew you must be obviously still shaken up about what had happened. He turned your face towards himself and placed a soft, very gentle kiss upon your lips. 

"I love you" he told you burying his face in your H/c hair

"I love you too, Kenshin" you smiled as you fell to sleep in the arms of the man that you loved, knowing you would always make up. You were happy to put this day behind you.

You dreamt of what you would do tomorrow

AUTHORS NOTE

I wrote this late at night its 23:46, I got the idea from a few sort stories I saw on Instagram and I was really inspired to make my own but with an Ikemen Sengoku character. Thanks for reading