Overworking - Kenshin

Kenshin's POV

Y/n and I haven't really spoken for days, every time I see her she's rushing around, lots of fabric in her arms. I try to offer her a hand but she dismisses me and tells me she is fine. I'm worried she's over working herself, but I dont want to cross the line. I don't want to tell her what to do. 

I was sitting at my desk in our shared bedroom, finishing up so last minute letters while I was waiting for Y/n. She had been in the seamstresses quarters all day but she has to come to bed right.

TIME SKIP 

It's been awhile now and Y/n hasn't come to bed, should I go look for her, or leave her to her own devices, I dont want to look like I'm telling her what to do.

I'll just wait a bit longer.

It's late into the night now, the full moon is high in the sky and our bed is lacking her. 

I got up and sighed as I opened the screen door and began trudging to the room I knew she would be. As I slowly walked down the halls of my castle I realised just how lonely there were without her presence. I reached the door in where the seamstresses worked and could hear angry sighs and huffs. 

My princess needs rescuing from her work and that is exactly what I am going to do.

"Y/n?, I'm coming in" I announced, sliding the screen to the side, walking in the not so familiar room lined with rows of fabric.

"Kenshin?!, what are you doing here?" Y/n said sleepily, she had clearly exhausted herself and worked to her limit.

I sat next to her and took the sewing needles and fabric gently out of her hands and placed them on the low ground table.

She tried to reach for them but I wasn't letting that happen

"Kenshin?"

"I think its time to go to sleep and rest" I told her, holding her hand and delicately pulling her to her feet. 

"Your right Kenshin, I'm sorry you've had to stay up because of me and lose sleep" Y/n's voice portrayed raw guilt

"No need to apologise, just promise me you will sleep and that you will never overwork yourself again"I asked softly but a bit sternly.

"I promise. I had so much work to do though"

"Then come to me when you are stressed. Always come to me" I invited Y/n to always come to me when she needs too. "Lets get to sleep". We started walking down the dark corridors together and I began to feel safe at her side. 

A COUPLE DAYS LATER

Y/n had been pushing herself a little bit less and I was glad to see that smile on her face again but I still had worries about the dark circles under her eyes.

I was working at my desk when the door was suddenly swung open, I turned around to see who had rudely interrupted my work, only to see one of my vassals with a worried look on his face.

He rushed in and got down on his knees sliding across the floor as he did.

"M..my lord" The vassal spoke with a trembling voice

"Speak" I commanded. It can't be other forces we are at peace at the moment, but we must always be ready to protect.

"Lord K..Kenshin, Lady Y/n......."

TIME SKIP

I was racing to get to Y/n. After my vassal had told me that Y/n had passed out while working my mind went black, I wish it was an attack. I'd never been more scared. I had to get to her quick, to be by her side to make sure she was okay.

I reached the doctors room, my vassals moved out of the way for me. I stepped in and saw Y/n's sleeping form lying straight on the bed. I moved closer and sat down, I let out a sigh of relief as she seemed to be okay. 

I reached out at ran my hand across her cheek, she smiled and my heart thumped. There is something so nice seeing her so peaceful.

The doctor left us alone and closed the door, now it was just me and Y/n.

"Y/n?, I told you to rest why didn't you listen to me" I mumbled, fully bewildered about why she didn't listen when I told her to rest and sleep. I'll talk to her when she wakes up.

Later That Day

I was tucking a strand of Y/n's hair behind her ear, when she moved her hand and opened her eyes.

"Y/n?" I whispered, she looked at me with an ashamed look.

"K..Kenshin, I'm sorry" Y/n looked down. No I want her to look at me

She attempted to sit up but I softly pushed her back down

"No, don't get up yet" I told her, she obliged and raised her head to look at me.

"Why didn't you listen to me?" I asked, remaining calm while brushing my thumb over her porcelain cheek.

"I tried but I had so much left to do, but that's no excuse" She answered, her face was honestly so guilty and I felt so bad for Y/n.

"I'll work something out, I'll make sure everyone knows your just human and you can't handle to much" I told her and was happy to see a real smile on her face.

"Thank you, Kenshin"

Y/n then pulled me down to her and enveloped her arms around me. I was shocked at first but soon relaxed and hugged her back with love and understanding, remembering to be gentle.

THE NEXT DAY

The doctor said Y/n was free to go, which I was secretly really glad of because sleeping alone last night was a nightmare. I would never tell Y/n but I was so lonely and cold.

I sorted everything out and now Y/n will be less busy, which is a plus for me as we can spend more time together now. 

I'm planning a trip for me and Y/n but lets keep that secret for now.

AUTHORS NOTE

This is so horrible, I'm so sorry I have major writers block and this is the only thing I could get out. If you leave some plots or ideas in the comments for me I might be able to use some.