The Time That Passed - Hideyoshi

Each day she spent with her lover was special, and today was no different. It was a quiet day as gentle rain fell outside with no sign of stopping anytime soon. They worked back-to-back, it felt romantic this way, connected somehow as she sewed and he wrote.

Moments such as these were the special moments, the peaceful times away from the chaos of this era. Moments such as these were a time when they could just relax in quiet splendour and work silently together.

The day was now drawing to a close and as much as they couldn't believe it, they had worked all day like this, being together had made the time go much faster than it had felt. He turned to her with a loving smile.

"That was very calming and helped to raise productivity, did you get much done?" he asked her, every word oozing with truthful sincerity. He raised his hand and softly brushed it across her silken cheek, she leaned into his touch with a small smile, eyes sparkling.

"I agree, it was romantic" she giggled as she answered him before carrying on. "I got loads done" she sighed in relief, happy to have less of a burden on her shoulders at this very moment. Leaning up she stealthily placed a kiss upon his forehead, to which he was cutely surprised at.

"Shall we retire for the night?" he queried and helped her to stand. He took her hand in his and held it tight. Hideyoshi's hands were always so reassuring and safe. She nodded and they quickly got changed into their night kimono's before he led them both over to the already laid out futon in the middle of the room.

They laid down and Hideyoshi opened his arms to her. "Come here" he called and as to answer him she scooted close and snuggled into his chest, breathing in the mixed scent of tobacco, parchment and tea leaves that she had come to love.

Here in each other's arms, with no immediate worries, they shared their plans for the following day as they did every night without fail. They had such a bright future together and it was only just starting. The plans they made on these silent nights, might seem like just that, wishful plans, but they fulfilled each one.

As the years went by, they continued with this everyday if there wasn't a war going on. Their plans began to get bolder and bigger, soon instead of little things like wishing to see the stars together or cooking together, their plans turned into hopes of getting married or starting a family. All of wish they eventually did in their long lives.

Not a moment went by where they regretted ever being together, never regretted all the things they had gone through just to gain the happiness they currently had.

Before long the years had caught up to them and they were no longer the youthful characters of their prime years. Hair grey, marks of age and time passed etched onto their withered faces. Here in each other's arms, they made another simple wish, like the ones they had made all those decades ago.

"Let's go see the stars tomorrow" Hideyoshi announced slowly, his voice gravely and haggard with age.

"I'd like that" she answered back to him, even with the wrinkles covering her face, her smile was just as radiate as when they first met.

Hideyoshi thought back on all the years they had been together, all the big moments they shared, it prompted him to say, "I love you".

She smiled a teary smile as she looked at him

"I love you too. Always"

AUTHORS NOTE

I really didn't want to not post a fanfic today, so I just whipped this up quickly. I like it, I hope you enjoy. Also Masamune's sequel comes out in less than 3 hours!, I'm so excited. Are you all ready?