A Not So Right Drink - Mitsuhide

I got a secret letter last night to come to a tea house. I got up early today so no one would see me leaving the castle. I knew where I was going and who I was meeting.

I slipped out of my room and out the castle, running quietly through the empty town.

I made it into town but little did I know that someone had seen me

"I wonder where the fireball is off to in such a hurry" Nobunaga said to himself with a smirk on his face turning around with a flourish of his Haori knowing all to well where she was going. 

I made it to the place that was mentioned in the letter. Walking in the tea house, I started to look around trying to be inconspicuous and that's when I spotted him sitting up a table with a drink of what I assumed to be tea. I ordered my drink and sat down at the table next to his, our backs facing each other. 

"What brings you here, little mouse"

"I think you know the reason, Mitsuhide" I answered matter-of-factly.

"It's a pity this is the only way we can meet, right mouse?"

"I hope one day we don't have to hide our relationship" I answered him even though I was sure it was rhetorical. 

I picked up my drink, swirled it around in the cup and sipped it

"One day, Y/n. Maybe things will be different"

"Then we can mov-"

All of a sudden I felt my vision spin, blacking around the edges. I couldn't talk anymore.

What is happening to me

"Y/n?"

I heard Mitsuhide say my name but I couldn't see him, the next thing I knew I was falling off my chair but I didn't hit the ground. I felt firm arms catch and hold me close.

"Y/N!!" 

And then everything went black, I was floating around in a dark abyss in a tremendous amount of pain.

Mitsuhide POV

I'd caught Y/n as she had fell and now she was laying lifeless in my arms, her face was paler then usual, her lips slightly parted she was breathing very heavy and by the sound of it, it was difficult.

What had happened, how could I let this happen

I was falling apart inside but I have to stay together for Y/n

I had an inkling so I picked up her cup and brought it up to my face, I sniffed it

As I suspected her drink was poisoned with a rare powerful toxin.

By now everyone was looking my way and people were making there way over to see the commotion.

"Oh no, what happened?" a lady gasped as you she moved slower to inspect

"Whats wrong with her?" a young man asked

"Everybody stop drinking and eating, NOW!, They could be poisoned"

At my words everyone went silent and I saw panic in their faces as they stopped eating and the mothers got their children to spit out the food.

I cradled Y/n safely in my arms as I ran out the Tea Cafe and put her on my horse and mounted on behind her wrapping an arm protectively around her waist as I kicked the horse into a run heading straight for the castle.