Loving Views - Kenshin

What time is it I thought to myself while yawning. It must be the middle of the night or something. Opening my eyes fully I came face to face with my one and only love, Kenshin's sleeping sweet face. 

There was something about seeing Kenshin when he was fast asleep. It always felt like nothing else in the world was important anymore. He was breathing deeply but evenly and his left arm was flung protectively over my waist as he slept. 

In the moonlight his pale blond hair was almost white and it was hanging down over his eyes. I lifted my arm up and gently moved his hair from his eyes. Smiling so much at the man I love I just couldn't help marvelling over his beauty for a couple minutes before I too fell into a deep sleep for the second time tonight.

The next thing I knew it was light outside and Kenshin was moving quietly around the room as he got ready for an early war council. I guess he heard me stir and move because he turned around.

"You're awake? It's still early Y/n, go back to sleep" Kenshin said as he shrugged his arms through his haori as he walked  over to our futon and bent down to caress my cheek with the back of his hand.

"I will when I see you out" I told him smiling brightly at him as I sat up and then put my hands on the futon to help me to stand up. Kenshin put his arms around my waist and pulled me close to hug me and moved his hand to the back of my head gently stroking down my hair.

"Is something the matter?" I looked up at him worried and stroked his cheek. Kenshin let me go and pulled back from the hug.

"No. You just looked so cute I couldn't help myself" he said sweetly.

He was leaving now and I was seeing him out the door "I'll be back later, don't leave without informing anyone" Kenshin commanded softly.

"Of course" I replied and then he leaned down for a quick kiss and then strode down the hallway with his haori fluttering behind him. I watched him go until he was out of sight and then slipped back into bed where I fell asleep.

I awoke again and this time when I woke up the sun was pouring in through the doors to the veranda. The floor was playing with the rays of light in captivating ways. Stretching I got out of bed and dressed in my new yellow kimono. I pulled open the sliding door leading to the hallway and one of the maids were walking past.

"Oh Lady Y/n, you are awake. Is there something I can do for you?" she bowed politely and I waved my hands about, to tell her not to bow.

"Hello, good morning. Yes actually there is something you can do. Can you please tell me if Kenshin's war council has finished?" I asked her kindly while smiling. She was one of my favourite maids as she had always helped me out since I got here.

"Of course my lady, Lord Kenshin has yet to leave his early council but the council will end in another hour approximately" she answered courteously while gripping her basket of laundry more tightly. 

"Oh I'm sorry, I'm holding you up. I'll be on my way now and thank you" I bowed to show my thanks even though I know the maids are always averse to me bowing to them as well. So that means that I was asleep for 3 more hours. 

I ran off down the hall and out into the gardens where I was going to wait for Kenshin to be finished. I walked the familiar path of bushes, colourful flowers and wonderful smells for awhile brushing my fingers along the flowers as I walked past until I got tired and sat down on one of the wooden benches closest to the pond with my back pressing up against the wood. For some reason I felt I could just fall asleep right here even though I have had plenty of sleep.

I looked out upon the shimmering water in the morning sun and watched the ripples form and the brightly coloured array of fish swim gracefully in the water.