Page 5: Welcome to my panic room...

The stench of blood filled her nose as {Name} was faced with silence. She was expecting the man to cough even say something about her abilities.

She turned and saw what she failed to see. She hadn't noticed that Hanto was decapitated. She only looked in fear, did she do that? What happened? All she remembered was-

"Hinokami Kagura....Don't tell me...."

She walked backwards, still in fear and shock. But due to this, she didn't noticed a crow landing by the trees, watching her every move.

"Is this..."

She looked at the katana at her hands, she didn't even noticed it turned a color! The sharp part of it was covered by a thin array of blood. The smell of the blood was too overwhelming for her. She had to clean up the body or the village will start rumors.

She looked at the head and the body. She grabbed the haori of Hanto, still shaking, taking it off the body and used it as gloves to pick up his head.

The smell of blood reeked from it, like she said, she hated the stench of blood. She noticed that Hanto's eyes were rolled back and his tongue sticking out (Not like that!) in a gruesome matter.

"Oh Kami, Please forgive me as I need to hide this body."

Just her luck, it began to rain. The stench of blood loosening a little bit however it still was there. She decided she was gonna bury the body deep in the woods, but she didn't have a shovel.

'Maybe I could use the mud to my advantage. If I use the katana to draw out a hole where he could fit then I can use my hands to dig it out. I still have time until dawn can set.'

So she did just that, finding a very muddy ground, she used the katana to draw a rectangular shape hole and digged it out. It was messy, yes but she wasn't letting anyone find this body. The hole was slim so she could fit it side ways. She laid the body, the hands holding the decapitated head and patched it back up. The runny mud helping her.

She was soaked in water and rain. It was getting light outside despite the rain and she still didn't hide the murder weapon.

'Shit...I'll just hide it in the house, under the porch maybe?'

She ran back towards the house, despite her long run with Hanto, she knew how to get back.

She made it back towards the area where she met Hanto, seeing the torches beside her extinguished. She ran, grabbing the lamp and the cloth she used to cover her self from the cold.

She ran down the mountain, sighing in relief that not a suitor nor her family was awake yet. She carefully prepared an outdoor bath. Luckily their bath was behind their house and had a roof. She went inside the house and saw that no one was awake. However she knew that she could awake someone by the stench of blood.

So she quickly went outside and again by the baths and stripped. She'll just use the cloth as a towel until the smell was of her.
She got in the hot bath and recalled what just happened.

'Hinokami Kagura was made to....kill? No way! I sliced through Hanto like tofu. This has to be a dream. And why did I just see father? Was the katana always red? I was pretty sure it wasn't.'