Page 25: The Aftermath

The wind blew a single leave from a tree. It crossed a dandelion field and flowed over the strange stream of a certain village. It them travelled to a tomb stone with a certain name on it.

KAMADO {NAME}

Shinjuro together with Senjuro visited the tomb stone. Senjuro holding a bouquet of flowers and placing beside the stone. They both had kneeled and prayed their respects towards the lost girl.

Shinjuro was the one who stood up first. Senjuro followed, the boy looked at his father in a sad daze.

"Is she really gone?"

When Shinjuro came back to the mansion, Senjuro and him saw Kyojuro's head down with the dead body of {Name} in his arms.

Shinjuro was horrified and was about to order Senjuro to call a doctor but his son stopped him, saying that it was too late.

Its been days after that, Kyojuro won't come out of his room and Shinjuro was afraid that Kyojuro will turn like him.

He looked at his other son with a sad frown.

"Yeah she is..."

A peaceful silence came into them as they stared at the tomb stone.

Shinjuro heard a sniffle coming from Senjuro. He looked to see the kid crying. The father kneeled down and patted the kid in the head.

"I'm sorry! *hic* Its just that! She was so nice! And big brother is in distressed! *hic*"

Shinjuro sighed for the thousandth time and hugged the little kid. His gaze looking at the tomb stone.

"I know, I know...Let it all out."

Senjuro cried on his father's shoulders as Shinjuro looked at the young girl's tomb stone. He looked at the tomb stone right beside hers.

RENGOKU RUKA

That's right, {Name} was buried to where the Rengoku clan was. Kyojuro had requested it himself and his father couldn't say no.

'Ruka, take care of her alright?'

Shinjuro also teared up a bit. Remembering how he used to hate her... Now, he could accept her as a daughter any day.

.
.
.

In a dark cold room within the Rengoku Manor, Kyojuro laid dead minded on the bed. He couldn't think of anything except {Name}.

Her face

Her smile

Her laugh

Her whole personality

Everything that he loved about her. A candle by his side that has already been worn out by its own wax. The fumes of it covering the whole rooms stench.

Dry tears were present in his eyes, looking up at the ceiling. He wished he could turn back time, the time where he had laughed and cherished her. The time where he had first met her, the time where he had dreamt about her.