Page 10: Final Selection

Its been 7 months and 3 days since she trained. To say she changed a lot would be an understatement, {Name} had evolved.

During those months she trained how to wield a nichirin blade. Though she said that she was gonna use Hanto's blade. She knew that she had to play fair. So she asked Kyojuro a spare katana to which she gave her his old one.

Today was a warm up for the final selection. The exam was happening two days from now and she was currently being tested by Kyojuro and Iguro.

"What do you do when the demon runs at you?"

"Wait until the demon is close enough and dodge quickly. Proceed to cut the neck."

"Correct! What do you do when the demon is on top of you?"

"Move from the spot you were in, unless the demon has high speed, use breath to cut the head."

"Correct! Now pretend that Iguro-san is the demon. Let's say that the demon knows how to wield a sword. Fight him, try to hurt his neck by your wooden sword."

And they were off. Obanai rushed towards her and she waited until he was close enough, once he was close enough, she dodged him and hurt his neck.

Obanai rubbed his neck mumbling an ow before nodding, confirming that {Name}'s hit was hard enough.

Kyojuro clapped.

"Good Job Kamado-san! Now wield a true blade. Unsheathe your sword and try to behead that dummy over there! Iguro-san Thank you for your cooperation!"

{Name} unsheathed her sword the correct way. Placing her hands on top of the hilt, she draw her sword concave shape. She got into position and waited for Kyojuro's signal.

"..."

"GO!"

She quickly rushed towards the dummy's side. Slicing the head off like butter, you can see small breathes coming out of her mouth. That's because she was using a breathing technique, however she refused to use Hinokami Kagura, which reminded her of something.

'Should I ask Kyojuro about it? Maybe after the final selection?'

Kyojuro, Mitsuri and Senjuro clapped as the dummy's head slipped off like butter.

"Great going {Name}-chan!"

"Y-you were amazing Kamado-san!"

"Amazing Kamado-san! You have improved! You will be fit to take the exam! Rest up! And I will see you after you pass! Mitsuri you're next!"

"Hai!"

{Name} sat down beside Kyojuro and excused herself to going to the bathroom. Senjuro told her the way and she followed it, when she turned left on the corridor she heard a sound by one of the room's sliding doors open.

'Uh oh...'

She knew who it was, the stench of alcohol was familiar she turned around and saw Shinjuro Rengoku. The man looked at her with a glare.

"The hell you doing here?"

"Looking for the bathroom Sir"