Page 21: I'll be waiting...

{Name} was sitting at the porch on a cloudy day. {Name} was sewing Kyojuro's ripped jacket while the said man was training. Its been 2 days since they went in hiding, even If it wasn't really needed. It was just that, {Name} and Kyojuro couldn't afforded to be recognized at public, that's why they had decided to stay at the miserable hut that Shinjuro told them to hide in.

{Name} looked at Kyojuro in a sad daze. The thought of her family and friends in mind, Kyojuro had told her multiple times that it was for the best, but was it really? A part of her wanted to at least visit her siblings and say she was alive and go out with Mitsuri for shopping.

However, a part of her agreed. If they were to ever been caught up in her mess, she didn't know what would happen. Her mother knowing what she was up to was enough...She didn't want her siblings to be involved.

She placed Kyojuro's jacket down on the wooden floors. She heard Kyojuro plopped to the ground with a sigh.

She looked at him and saw his form.

He was glistening in sweat, the white top he was wearing had shown his muscles despite him being 18 years old. He was huffing, his arms were the only thing that supported him as his feet looked exhausted.

{Name} couldn't help but feel kind off flustered. She was flattered he'd go to the extent and protect her...but she thought of what he said to her..

"I am willing to change my morals for you!"

He was changing his morals for her...
But Kyojuro was about doing the right...
She had known him as her best friend, her companion...
He wasn't afraid to speak out of the truth..

'So for him to change something as important as justice..He is one stubborn fool..But I can't help but admire him for it. Was it all just talk? Is he really willing to protect me?'

{Name} sighed loudly, loudly enough for Kyojuro to hear.

"{Name}-san? What's wrong?"

"Nothing Kyojuro...Its just that, I'm tired really.."

"Oh! I see! Then you can take a nap, Don't worry! I'll be alright! I just need to do more exercises!"

Kyojuro walked to her sitting figure and put his hands on his hips.

"Are you sure?"

{Name} wondered.

"Yep! Don't worry, I shall protect this house while the maiden sleeps!"

Kyojuro joked and {Name} pouted.

"You make it sound like I'm noble or something."

Kyojuro chuckled and watched as {Name} got up and went inside to take a nap. He continued to exercise and train.

It was about at least 3 hours and it was getting lunch time. He huffed as he did one final push-up, he collapsed on his stomach and breathe loudly.

"Finally done!"

"Caw! Caw! Caw!"

His senses activated at the sound. He stood up, he recognized his crow's sounds anywhere. He turned around and saw his crow standing at the porch with a letter.