Page 20: Mask

Warning: Sexual Harassment and Gore

{Name} shivered at the cold dead night. A thin blanket of cotton was wrapped around her back to protect her, yet it was too thin. She was seating at the porch of the old house, watching the moon and stars gleam.

Kyojuro was right behind her, polishing his nichirin blade by an old, worn-out lamp. He hummed a song happily, as if sensing {Name}'s mood dampen.

To say {Name} was nervous is an understatement, she was terrified. Kyojuro had just sent Mitsuri a letter to come here to help them with something by tomorrow. Kyojuro had assured to {Name} that It will be alright but she denied that it will.

{Name} once again shivered as the wind passed by. Her hafunda earrings swayed in the wind.

Kyojuro had noticed this.

"{Name}-san? Are you cold? Please come inside."

But {Name} only shook her head, being stubborn. She didn't want to bother Kyojuro any longer than all of this.

"{Name}-san..."

Kyojuro frowned. He got up from his spot and sat next to {Name}, he patted {Name}'s back.

"{Name}-san..."

He mumbled again. {Name} curled up from her position and laid her head on her knees. Kyojuro felt a continuos jump from her. She then let out sniffling and held her form tighter.

She was crying...

"{Name}-san.. What's wrong?"

"..."

{Name} stayed silent. Kyojuro's heart broke, he knew that was a stupid question to ask. Everything was wrong... He patted her head.

"There, there {Name}-san..."

He couldn't think of anything right to say. He knew nothing was gonna be alright, but he didn't want to upset her more. He could only comfort her while crying.

'There has to be a way to talk to the Soma clan about her. No one is in the right nor wrong here. I'd hunt down the person who killed my clan too but... I can't even think of ever killing {Name}-san..'

He thought as he stroked her hair. It was soft, but now wasn't the time for that. He then hugged her cuddled form out of no where. He knew words couldn't do anything right now, maybe a bit of physical affection can do the trick.

{Name} flinched at the contact. Her face was, the first time in forever, flushed. She widened her teary eyes from her arms. She looked up and heard his heartbeat from her position.

His face was at her head, her's was at his chest. She felt the warmth of his form, protecting her from the cold.

"Ky-kyojuro..."

"Shh..Don't let me stop you... Please let it all out."

{Name} hitched her breath. She felt more tears go down more and more. The cries of the blossom and the heavy breathing of the flame were heard in the silent wind.