Page 13: A love blossoming

{Name} eventually arrived in the mountains late at night. She had been questioned by her mother why she was late when she noticed the scar on her forehead. {Name} explained that she was attacked by a stabber and was cut in the stomach.
The cut wasn't that deep but she had to stay at the hospital for 3 days.

Kie almost had a heart attack and replied.

"Is it really safe for you to go back to Tokyo?"

"I don't think so, I'll probably become a wandering merchant again."

{Name} said as she wrapped a bandage around her quietly. Her siblings were already asleep. Her mother insisted that she will wrap it up even though Shinobu said it isn't necessary but mother knows best.

.
.
.

The next day, {Name} had a day off. Kyojuro and her said that the her first mission won't be assigned only after her day off. She went up to the mountains to train. She said she was gonna practice Hinokami Kagura to which she isn't wrong but still wasn't right.

She swinged her staff like a katana, practicing focus and patience. That was until she heard Tanjiro huffing.

"Nee-chan!! There's someone who wants to see you!"

"Oh who is it?"

"I don't know, but he has a funny looking mask. He says he's a merchant!"

{Name} got confused and headed down to the house. There she saw a straw hat man with dangling things on his hat and was wearing a mask? He looked like merchant.
He had something wrapped on his back.

When he caught a glimpse of {Name} he waved

When he caught a glimpse of {Name} he waved. {Name} waved back. She asked hee family for a little privacy and the masked man and {Name} went to the woods.

They sat down on the ground and the masked man introduced himself.

"I am Haganezuka Hotaru. Nichirin blades are what makes a demon slayer a demon slayer. Us blacksmiths take pride on our creations... It takes endurance and patience to make a blade. That's why when I give it to you, I won't expect you to already break it."

{Name} tilted her head confusing. Blacksmiths? Aren't the demon corps supposed to be a secret?

"I'm sorry for interrupting but I thought only the people within the demon slayer corps are the only people to know the existence."

"But you see my dear, we are part of the demon corps. We are no simple blacksmith. We make our nichirin blade creations out of special ore and sand. No simple katana can will do as they easily break when you cut a demon's head."