Page 17: Light Swift

"Hiya!"

A demon slayer said as she swinged her nichirin blade. {Name} had been training to learn how to use sun breathing with Kyojuro.

She tried to do a few forms listed but it never came out like the book says it will. Both of the teenagers looked distraught at the results but they never gave up.

By the time they had been training, it was already months passed. {Name} gave it her all at training, sometimes going to the woods after the mission just to enhance her breathing technique.

It was already afternoon, she and Kyojuro just finished a night assigned mission. Kyojuro read the book while she did all of her training, trying to help her as well.

"Hmm... It doesn't say anything about the breathing technique or how to use it. For a large book, it doesn't have much."

He mumbled to himself as he flipped another page. He read the pages as {Name} huffed in the background. He carefully memorized the words he was reading until his attention was caught by a sentence.

"All sun breathers have mark that symbolizes their strength. If ever the user shows a mark on their forehead, they are known to be very powerful individuals."

'A mark on the forehead? Strange... doesn't {Name} have a mark?'

He looked at the girl who was training. She indeed had a mark on her forehead.
Kyojuro widened his eyes.

'Does that mean she could be a very powerful demon slayer?'

Kyojuro thought to himself. He decided to ask {Name} about the scar, mark or tattoo.

"Hey {Name}-san?"

"Yeah?"

"What's that mark on your forehead?"

{Name} stopped swinging her sword and looked at Kyojuro and touched her scar. She didn't know either...

"I don't know either. It appeared after I passed out during the final selection exams. Mitsuri pointed it out but I said it could've been a scar from the demon."

Kyojuro furrowed his brows at the answer. She doesn't know either, she said its a scar but it looks more like a tattoo.

"That demon you were talking about, how did you kill it?"

{Name} titled her head at the question. She actually didn't know.

"I wasn't sure what happened but after the demon sliced my stomach..."

She trailed off, remembering Kiriyo's fan hitting her stomach.

"I heard a voice saying he'll take care of it and then I passed out. The next thing I know is that the demon was gone, my stomach was healed and the scar appeared."

Kyojuro nodded at the information. He dropped his smile long ago because of the serious situation they were in. The man who talked to her must've been a user as well. Could it be the first user?

"I see...Tell me {Name}-san, have you heard that voice before?"

"Hmm... I think I did? Maybe I was 10 or something but I heard him saying about conquering the sun? It was my destiny..."