Page 22: A departure unnoticed

Mitsuri yawned as she stretched her arms up. The morning sun shined through the opened window the inn she was staying at had. She looked around and rubbed her chest tiredly. She blinked a few times, trying to clear her eyesight.

Her tired eyes then turned saddened, remembering what she had 'lost'. She felt tears threatening to fall out of her eyes. She putted her palms to her eyes, trying to refrain from crying from the 4th time.

It hurts so much. It hurts so much to know that the only person who ever accepted you is gone. Mitsuri thought of how she wanted to talk to {Name} so much. She wanted to say how she stood up to her ex-fiance.

She wanted to say how much she had inspired her to become what she is now. Her hair swayed from the wind, her once braided hair was down and felt within her back and shoulders.

Footsteps came from the shoji beside her. She already knew who it was. She cleared her throat and composed herself.

"Kanroji-san? May I come in?"

A man's voice echoed through the other side.

"Of course Iguro-san!"

The shoji opened. A man who stands in 5'4 came in view. He had a demon slayer's uniform on with a striped haori. A small snake with white scales and red eyes slithered around his neck.

Iguro looked at Mitsuri. He was holding a tray of tamagoyaki and rice with tea. He placed it down beside her futon and sat in indian style by the tray.

"Here, a lady delivered this to me. I already ate mine, I also gave you extra tamago."

"Thank you Iguro-san!"

Despite her cheery attitude, Iguro was no fool. He saw how Mitsuri was forcing herself to smile despite her pain right now. She grabbed the tray and put it on her lap. She thanked for the food and digged in.

Iguro's felt pity when Mitsuri ate the food slowly. Usually, any kind of food would make Mitsuri excited. She would dig in with a wide smile on her with small crumbs hanging by the corner's of her mouth.

Right now, she ate cleanly. A small forced smile on her face as she munched a small amount of rice and tamago.

Iguro sighed. Kaburamaru felt it and slithered away from his neck. The snake came close to Mitsuri and slithered around her arm.

Mitsuri looked at the snake and gave a small smile. She stroked the animal's head, Kaburamaru shivered at the comfort of Mitsuri's finger.

"Are you alright now?"

Iguro asked out of the blue. Mitsuri's smile dropped. She looked at the food infront of her in a sorrow daze.

"I...don't know. I can't comprehend what's happening. Is she really gone?.."

Mitsuri's voice in hoarse. Iguro sighed. He patted Mitsuri's shoulders in comfort. In frank, he didn't know how to comfort her. He didn't want to do physical affection because Mitsuri needed space, but he didn't want Mitsuri to be alone in mourning.

He had also lost a great friend, despite their limited interactions.

"Hey...Its alright."