Windows- Short Story

Hey guys! I mentioned this in my last chapter, and I wanted to ot a little short story a while ago and I thought I'd share it with you. No one said anything to it, but I thought I'd post it anyway. Enjoy :)

                                                                             Windows

                                                                  By: Elizabeth R. Schlager

What if one day, I look at a window to see snow. Just plain white, fluffy, sparkling snow. The frozen flakes that cascade onto the roofs on the ground. An abyss of not black, but white proportions. Will I feel happy? Will I enjoy seeing and understanding the real thing? Not the beautiful white setting or the fluffy one of a kind flakes, but the cold that is disguised as white beauty. What if I only see and feel the cold?  The beautiful mask for the  brutal ice that hides under it. Will I then be happy?  

What if one day, I see the sun. The warm rays reflecting on other windows and looking into mine. The warmth of the sun, has the power to look into my window without effort. What if, the exposure to the sun makes me feel feelings of joy. Will I then be happy? What if the sun uses my window to burn me? What if the sun that leaves a sun kissed glow on my face, only burns a hole through my chest?

What if one day, I look out a window to see nothing. Absolutely nothing. Will I be happy? What if this nothingness was empty, but this way I couldn't get burned, and I wouldn't be exposed to the cold of ice. I won't be filled with sun kissed joy, or fluffy white beauty either. It will be nothing. Will I be happy?

What if I were to say, that these windows were in fact his eyes. What if his eyes showed that fluffy white beauty. But what if that beauty masked a cold heart? What if by looking into his eyes, I felt frozen?

What if his eyes were the sun? The warm feeling I would get, and the sun kissed cheeks from his embrace was also able to burn me? What if by letting him look into my eyes, he burns me, because he is stronger than my eyes, and sees right through me?

And what if, he just wasn't there? What if I looked into his eyes and saw nothing. Felt nothing. Would I really be happy?

You see, beauty and the things we love have a way of having the perfect disguise. I will never know if he is the beauty or the ice, or the warmth and burn. One can only find out, if they let them in. 

Who knows what happiness looks like. But don't just stare out of your window to the outside. Go outside, feel the snow and the potential ice. Feel the warmth and the potential burn. And maybe find nothing. But take the time to find it.

(A.N So there you go! This is a little story I wrote and I thought I'd share it with you! What do you think? PLease please let me know cuz im curious to see if people get what I mean and if they like it! New chapter of Elusion is up in two days since Im almost done the chapter! I hope you took the time to read it because I like it! All the love- Liz)