Chapter 12-Cheese Chips

"You're sick." I barely said, lying on the ground. I felt like I was floating but my head was still pounding. This horrible assault had just begun. I was so confused, it didn't feel normal. All of my surroundings were blurry but one thing was very clear. My fear for the person standing in the room. No matter what I did, or how hard I tried, he came back to me somehow. So many things were left unclear to me, yet my brain was absolute mush. Incapable of doing anything.

"Am I really?" The horrid man said, walking over and leaning down to me. He tilted his head and let out the most horrendous, disgusting smile.

Yes, you are. You're disgusting. I tried saying these words, but I was once again silenced. I couldn't speak. I felt like all of this was lasting forever and there was no way out. No way out of this paralysis, no way of fighting back.

I did realize, that I was shaking and crying. I didn't feel the tears, but I knew I was crying.

"You never learn Peytie..." His condescending voice engulfed my ears in an echo and shivers were once again sent through my body.

"No matter where you are, where you go, whom you're with..." He started to say and took a handful of my hair, pulling me closer to him.

"I will always find you." The evil man said just as before, and throwing me against the cold wall. My body felt a thump and I let out a groan and a cry. On top of that, couldn't stop shaking. Suddenly, blood started to run from the top of my head and soon started to stain the cold floor of the small room. I quickly peaked at my hands, that were now dripping with the deep red substance and all that was heard, was the deep chuckle of the man now standing above me.

"This isn't over...It never will be." He said pushing me against the wall yet another time and strutting out of the room, slamming the black metal door, leaving me in blood filled darkness.

-

"Peyton!!" Someone yelled as my eyes started to flutter open. Once I realized that I was awake, I jolted up and let out a loud breath. My confused self saw Maggie sitting across from me, in obvious distress. Looking down at my body, I noticed that I was covered in sweat and I was shivering. Not the kind of shivers that you get when you are simply lacking heat, but the kind of shivers that are uncontrollable and based off negative emotions.

"Peyton! Are you okay?" Maggie asked with care, having her hand resting on my shoulder.

I looked over at her hand and moved my shoulder slightly so her hand wasn't on it anymore. She retaliated by putting her hand down quickly, obviously getting the message.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I answered coldly rubbing my head and taking a deep breath. Why did I dream about this again? I thought. When will this finally stop haunting me? All I wanted to do, was cuddle up in a ball and cry.

"You don't look fine, look at you, you're shaking." She mentioned. I knew she was trying to be caring, but I was getting annoyed. She would never understand and I could never fully put into words what I had just dreamt.

"I said I'm fine." I kind of snapped and got up from the bed. I needed to be on my own for a few minutes and just process everything.

Even as a little kid, I always could vividly remember my dreams. After dreaming something crazy or even amazing, I would wake up, and the first thing I would do, would just sit and evaluate it all. Now, I don't like, even hate the fact, that I can remember them so well. Just the thought of all the events that occurred in it make me exhausted and almost induce tears.

It was all so twisted now that I look back. Every part of the human sense and the ability was hindered. I felt like some strange doll on a string, that was being controlled. Maggie and Ashton were there. They were going off somewhere and they ignored my presence. I wondered if they would leave me in real life. Obviously dreams aren't real so they never really ditched me to go do whatever they wanted to do together.