Chapter 14-Color Blind

"Peyton what the hell was that?" Luke was fuming as he sat back down.

The situation was quite strange looking back and I was still pissed myself. I could never understand why Luke wouldn't stand up for himself, or at least tell those idiots to piss off. He has plenty of balls to yell at me and Ashton and Maggie, even his mother. But when it matters he just stood there like a little school girl.

"I could ask you the same thing." I replied.

"There's nothing to say. You didn't have to go off on them." He said throwing his hand on the small round table.

"Are you kidding me? Nothing to say? Some random pretentious assholes come to our table, insult you, insult me twice and talk to you like pricks, and there's nothing to say?" At this point , I wanted to smack Luke for his lack of integrity.

"Peyton it's not that simple." Luke said in obvious frustration.

"It doesn't have to be complicated either. They insult me, so they got it back. I had a shitty night and day and I wasn't in the mood for whatever show they were trying to pull off. And neither should you. " I stated and leaned back on the chair. This wasn't my problem to deal with, so I wasn't going to dwell on it any longer. If someone isn't acting right with me then they will get it back. If Luke can't do or think the same then it's his problem.

"Wasn't Maggie at your place last night?" Luke asked still with a hint of attitude in his voice.

"Yeah she was...and?" I returned the attitude fused favor.

"So why was your night so shitty then?" He prompted. To which I blinked a few times and sighed.

"It's not that simple." I mocked and threw my signature fake smile. His hypocrisy was laugh inducing. He had to know everything about everyone but God forbid I ask one question.

"Awkward make out session gone wrong or something?" I gave a look of disgust as the vulgar words left his mouth.

"You're disgusting." I cringed and put my head back into my hand as I leant on the table. My headache was back again, only this time the ache was on a full stomach, contrary to this morning.

Yet again, silence took over the small table and all that was heard, was the noise coming from the other shoppers and hungry people.

"Well I don't know about you, but I have nothing to wear tomorrow so, I suggest we go look for something." This time I was one to break the silence. Luke looked like he was about to fall asleep or punch something. Or both.

"Yeah me too." He silently responded. I stood there just giving him a look, not even sure how to describe that look but I didn't know my way around this mall and he should consider walking towards some store.

"Are you going to walk or?"

"Right." Luke finally started to walk. He literally went attentive to brain dead in 30 seconds. He walked ahead and didn't even bother so see if I was behind him or not. That interaction obviously made him weird and I thought he was acting like a big baby.

We reached a store called Adammos Closet and it was filled with goth styled attire. After being in the store for five minutes, I felt like I was color blind since I only saw the color black.Luke had disappeared into the store to look for himself and I was left with my own thoughts. Was I even looking forward to this? Yes I was. Well as of two days ago I was. It seemed like many things get over thought in my head. So to answer my own question: I don't know. As excited as I am to relish in the world of the goth/gore rock scene, I am yet to relish in the world of Ashton, Maggie and Luke. Calum and Michael seemed nice so I am not going to call them out just yet. Although, I do wonder how Michael will be able to look gothic with this purple hair. Putting Michael's hair thoughts aside, I just kept looking for the perfect outfit.