Chapter 41-Graduation

I pitied the poor souls in the massive sea of people waiting to check in. As much as I didn't think it was necessary or something I would ever get used to, flying first class did have its perks. We were one group out of three flying from New York to Sydney at the first class line to check in.

I felt this strange feeling in my chest from what had happened mere hours before. I kept wanting to say something, but I wasnt sure what would be right. Luke clearly no interest in talking to me. He barely made eye contact with me, and when he did, it was accidental because he just so happened to look up where I was.

Liz went to the front of the teller to check us in.

"Can I have your and Peyton's passports?" Liz asked as she was going to be the one do everything.

"Here you go." My mother said handing her the two dark blue books. I saw Luke roll his eyes at the illegitimacy of our passports. I didn't understand why he tried to do everything to solve the puzzle of our past, and why our passports offended him so much. Well now I knew.

I sighed as a message to just drop it to Luke since he was always in our business, but he just turned away. Liz was talking at the desk and my mom turned to me.

"Can't believe it's time to leave already." She said.

"I'm actually happy to get out." I said looking down at the floor.

She raised an eyebrow.

"You've been weird all morning, what's going on?" She asked. It was clear as day that something was off. Luke barely spoke to anyone, and me and him did everything possible to avoid each other. He even sat next to Liz in the taxi ride to the airport just so he wouldn't sit next to me. Even Liz knew something was weird.

"Nothing. I just want to get home." I said taking my hair and putting up into a ponytail.

"Yes Ms. Foster and I will have adjacent seats and those two will have their two seats." Liz said to the clerk and I saw Luke's head shoot up.

"I'll sit with you mum." Luke said not even looking up but still looking down at his phone. I tried not to start laughing. What was he even doing on the phone? He pretty much had no other friends so who could he be texting? He was just being a coward and didn't want to look at anyone.

Liz looked like she saw a ghost. She was shocked that Luke wanted anything to do with her.

"But you and Peyton sat together last time. Wouldn't it be easier? You won't be as bored." She said.

"Well I don't want to sit next to her this time." He said, tone annoyed as ever.

Wow.

"I'm right here you know. You don't have to go all third person right next to me." He knew how much I hated that. Exactly why he was doing it.

"Oh please." He said not looking at me and making the nastiest face ever.

"You're such a coward it's not even funny." I sneered almost knocking my suitcase over. Liz had fully turned around at this point and both of our mothers' eyes widened.

Luke let out a chuckle.

"Hey mum, since when did it become a thing do bring the help along on vacations?"