Chapter 34- A Close Ear

"Please talk to him." My head looking upwards as Luke and I made our way back to the pub. My conscious was less than nice to me as I couldn't help but feel awful that I was a reason for a fight. Although I didn't directly do anything, I still felt extremely bad.

Once we started to walk back, I hadn't realized how far I had walked until we kept walking down the long street. Everything seemed pink and peachy until I realized what animosity awaited back at the pub down the street.

"I'm honestly not in the mood." He murmured, his hands firmly stuck in his pockets.

"When are you ever in the mood?" I teased. I hoped that Luke would want to settle whatever issues he was having with the guys. Although I knew that Luke wasn't a people person, his friends still must have meant something to him.

"Very funny."

"Come on, he's one of your closest friends." I tried everything I could to get rid of the animosity that I knew would be too tense for any kind of knife. The whole fight was more or less based off of me, it was my cake. It was my birthday.

"Just please say something to him or else I'll feel just keep feeling terrible." I selfishly begged.

"Why would you feel terrible?" His head turning to me.

"Because if it weren't for me, this wouldn't have happened." I sighed. Luke started to shake his head.

"No, I've been getting sick of them for a while now." He admitted.

"I already told you earlier on in my kitchen, I can't relate to any of them."

He kept taking breaks in-between words while he was gathering his thoughts.

"Like, they know everything that went down a while back, they understand a lot of shit. And then he pulls something like that. He knows I'm powerless in those situations, I..whatever I sound like a baby."

I looked up at him and saw a spur of vulnerability that was begging to come out.

"No you don't. You're more like a tall cry man person." I joked to lighten the mood a little bit.

"Tall cry man person. I've heard worse things." He chuckled.

"No but really, tell them all this. I'm sure they'll understand." I said. Luke nodded and shrugged at the same time telling me that he hoped and guessed that it would work out that way.

We kept walking up the street and a frustrating thought hit me and my first impulse was to lightly slap Luke on his arm, and that I did.

"What was that for?" He laughed since it probably didn't hurt, and it wasn't meant to hurt obviously, but more so present my feelings to the previous situation that had occurred.

"Working out? Really?" I angrily stared trying not to laugh. I was immensely uncomfortable but it was sort of amusing. Luke smirked and started to laugh.

"What? Would you have preferred the truth back then?" He made a point.

"I would have not preferred the truth at all." I felt myself starting to chuckle a little bit.

"Oh come on Peyton, we're all adults here." He said nudging my shoulder in birthday innuendo. Yes I got it, I was a legal adult.

"I guess." I said looking down putting certain other thoughts away. It wasn't the day nor the time for them.

Eventually we both reached the end of the street and the pub stood in front of us. We made our way back in and I saw Maggie look up and nudge Ashton telling him that we were back.