Chapter 11

You're Not There by Lukas Graham

Harry

Family, I fucking despise that word.

I have no family, I mean I should rephrase that I have my younger sister Ava, who I love very much. But my Mom and Dad I don't give a fuck about them. They never cared about me, so I don't care about them, simple as that.

I will say, my mum is slowly coming her way, trying to talk to me more but it's pointless. I barely see her because she lives in California with my sister. I try to visit sometimes because I have a mansion in palm springs, but I go rarely now because of work. The last time I saw my mum was like 5 months ago, and the last time I saw my sister was 3 months ago, she stayed with me for 2 weeks in the summertime. Yes, I understand I had money since I was born and all that, I should treat my parents better, but fuck that no way. I was fucking alone all the time. I never even had a birthday party, I never learn how to ride a bike from them, my friend's dad had to teach me. They never went to my high school or college graduation. It was always about Ava, they cared way more about her than me.

I'm not gonna blame Ava for it. She knows how I feel about it, she even told my parents she hates how they treat me, but they never listened.

The reason why Ava lives with my mom is that she goes to college there, plus she lived there her whole life. I stayed with them until I was 18 then moved out to Brooklyn for college. I know she loves our parents, but to me, I just see it differently. I'm thinking about maybe asking Ava to stay with me for a little while after she graduates. She's trying to become a baker, she makes the best desserts, she's so talented. I also learned how to make the best chocolate chip cookies from her and cinnamon buns, they're fucking delicious. She applied for a job here at the best bakery in Manhattan, it's called sugar. She's been dying to work there since she was younger. I'm also thinking about asking her to come and stay with me for a week here and maybe if she gets the job, live with me. I'll love it if she can come around thanksgiving time, I might ask my mom too, but I'm still not so sure. I usually just spend it alone, I know my father lives in Staten Island but I never go. He's always with his girlfriend Gabby, and her 10-year-old son Oliver. I do see him though, from time to time even if I don't wanna. It pisses me off every time I see him, it's always about Gabby or Oliver. I see them a couple of times, they're ok I guess. I do feel bad because her husband died in a plane accident about 6 years ago. I just will never understand why she chose my father, he's a complete asshole. They have been together for about 3 years now. She just deserves someone better in my opinion.

Speaking of my father, it's Tuesday now and I'm meeting him today at Starbucks after work. We haven't seen each other in about 2 months. I've just been super busy with work, I just never had the time.

"Hey stranger, fancy seeing you here," Bella says

Shit, I forgot Bella's working today. She met my dad twice when he was here, and yes she hates him as well.

"What, I can't have a cup of coffee?" I question her

"Yes you can, I was just saying because aren't you still at school"

"No, I leave 5 minutes earlier remember?"

I leave a little early all the time because of the club. So the principal takes care of my students walking them out after school. I have my ways into bribing him, well I bought him a Rolex after that no questions were asked. But I am thinking of staying back now.

"Oh right I forgot, so what will you be drinking today?"

"Just a grande cup, hot black"

"Strong, so what's the occasion?"