Chapter 71

Mr. Know It All By Kelly Clarkson

Ruby

I would rather be sleeping on concrete.

Because today I'm meeting Finn for lunch.

To ask me why, I honestly don't know myself. He's a cruel person, who makes my life miserable. But he is the father to my son, and for some messed up reason, I'm going.

Every time I turn my steering wheel I feel like I'm gonna crash from my nerves, like what is he gonna say? Maybe he's finally gonna apologize for every single fucked up thing he's done and try to make amends with me.

Nah, I don't think he has the heart's to.

But if he did, I won't accept his apology.

The thing that makes me more upsetting than this, is when I told Harry.

He was fucking livid, not at me but at Finn.

And he has a very damn right to be.

Well, he was slightly mad at me for going but it's my choice to make and not his.

Also, Harry is in school working so he can't be here to rip Finn's head off for me, and Grey doesn't know a single thing about this and it will stay that way, I strictly told Finn not to say anything and strangely he agreed for once.

Maybe I should back out but it's too late because I'm pulled up to the fancy Italian restaurant Carmines, and I see Finn outside wearing a black coat staring at me through my window waving at me like an idiot.

Honestly, I think he's possessed.

Should I run him over?

That's my thoughts.

Sadly, I see an open parking spot, I parallel park the best I can and get outside in the cold to see my dipshit ex.

"Hi," He says right away. "You look nice"

I ignore his words as he looks at my white puffer jacket, I walk out of his way heading for the restaurant door walk inside and instantly smell delicious Italian food.

At least my nostrils are dancing happily.

Finn then walks inside going by the hostess telling her the reservation. It's pretty packed for a Wednesday at the restaurant, especially for lunch, trust me it's better that way especially since I'm with him I'll hate having it dead silent that'll be absolute torture.

I have never been to Carmines, all I know is that they give you big size portions, but hell I won't be sharing with Finn I'll take the rest home if I don't finish.

When we walk to our table the hostess keeps on staring me down, staring me down with a look that says, "Are you kidnapped? Do you need my help? Want me to call the police?" Type of look.

We get to our table and before I get my coat off Finn speaks. "Here, let me help you"

"No, I got it thanks" I slightly aggressively say taking my coat off myself and putting it behind the chair, and sitting down.

If I'm being an asshole then so be it, he deserves every ounce of my cruel remarks and expressions.

Finn just goes with my words then takes his coat off as well and sits down facing across from me. The hostess hands us our menus and I thank her then flip it open so fast to avoid a conversation with him.

I swear the menu is bigger than my head, everything sounds so delicious it's difficult to choose what I want.

"So, have you been here before?" Finn asks a few minutes later.