Chapter 26

Trauma By NF

No Perspective

Flashback to Father's Day Harry age 5.

This is supposed to be a wonderful day to celebrate fathers, but to Harry, it was complete hell.

He wanted to make it better each year, but Harry's father didn't even give a shit.

This year maybe has been the worse, but he wanted to try again.

Harry was coloring and drawing a card for his dad, he wanted to make a special gift for him, to show him how much he loves and cares about him.

The card was him and his father at the park. He wasn't the best at drawing because he was 5, but he wanted to make his dad happy since he's been in a grumpy mood lately.

On the other hand, Harry's mother is pregnant she's due in 2 months. She's been busy nonstop with buying everything for the baby. They're having a little girl, and Harry couldn't be more thrilled for his baby sister to arrive. But the sad thing was, ever since Harry's mother got pregnant, they forgot about Harry, even sometimes when she wasn't even pregnant yet. Their full attention was on their daughter, and she wasn't even born.

Harry was only 5, but he was smart for his age, he just wanted to spend time with his mom and dad, but he never got that. Of course, when he was 1 and 3 he got some attention, but for 2 years now it changed.

Harry was just making the last little touches on the card, writing Happy Father's Day and writing his name and writing daddy on which ones them in the picture.

He also made a macaroni bracelet for him as well in his first grade class, he just ended school a week ago, now he's on summer break.

"Harry" he hears his mother call for him, and she opens the door. "Why are you up here so long?" She asks.

Harry grabs his card and shows it to his mother. "I made daddy a card and a macaroni bracelet for Father's Day," he says in excitement.

Harry's mother had a bother annoyance look on her face when she looked at the gift.

"You know he doesn't like that stuff Harry, now come on and eat breakfast downstairs," she says.

After that Harry was miserable he just wanted to make his dad smile, but as always his mom just has to make cruel comments on everything he does.

"But-Okay..." Harry sighs quietly.

He then looks at the card wishing this could really be them in real life in the drawing, with big smiles on their faces at the park, but it's too good to be true, it'll never happen with him. "I still wanna give it to him" Harry says.

"Well if you want to, but don't come to me when I told you so," she says and closes the door.

Harry's mother was so complicated always complaining about everything, she was definitely fine at first with Harry, definitely better than how his dad was. But after that, it fell downhill from there. They were extremely in love when they had Harry, but then just one day it felt like they were strangers. He just thinks they're together because they're having another baby. Harry was young but he thought a lot about his parents not loving him, or if they even wanted him or no children at all. But it didn't make sense to him because they're having another baby.

Harry's hair was still messy and he was still in his pajamas but he didn't care, he wanted to give his father the gift right away.

He walked downstairs slowly on his tiny feet making sure he doesn't fall, he walked to his dad that was sitting on the couch, on his phone in the living room.