Chapter 66

Wings By Birdy

Ruby

I finally let those three powerful words out.

Those words I've been holding in for about a month, and I couldn't be prouder of myself.

I don't take those words lightly, it's a scary feeling to say but also an extremely good relief to let out to him. I have never been in a relationship before where I do feel this incredible way. It sure wasn't how I imagined saying it to him but I'm sick and tired of waiting day after day he needed to know.

He's so cold staring at me like I spoke to him in a different language, this is completely new for me and him because he never received love in his life.

"H-Harry" I whisper grabbing his face closer to mine but he pulls back slightly. "Say something"

The rain still washes over us and I swear we're both gonna catch an ammonia with how long we're both staying out here.

"W-what did you say?" He says in shivers.

I smile cupping his face tighter. "I said say something"

I try and joke at him probably not the best time.

"No seriously" He comes closer again. "What did you say to me?"

"I said I'm fucking in love with you, I love you Harry" I repeat my words before. "I love you so much I can hardly breathe, you're the reason I believe that love is real, you're perfect for me baby"

I caress him with my hands and he gently closes his eyes. "Y-you love me? Even when I'm a shitty selfish bastard?"

"Yes, I love you even when you're a shitty selfish bastard" I repeat with a laugh and he slightly joins with me. "It wasn't my ideal to say it at this moment when we're arguing, I so wanted to tell you soon this month but I couldn't help it anymore if you think it's a short time then you can think that, but to me I had to say it to you, I can't help my emotions"

"Can I ask you something?" He whispers and I tell him of course. "When did you realize you loved me?"

My heart is full of love but also is breaking at the same time for my beautiful man, he probably wants to know everything about love and that's perfectly okay with me.

"Ever since you wrote me that letter" I let out. "It broke my heart when you wrote me that, but when you were gone I honestly thought you were gone, like you weren't gonna come back to me ever again, and when you wrote that letter it made me realize how much this strong man took over me, how much he cared for me, how much he cared for my son, the love I have for you is unconditional, you're a treasure to me, you took me in your heart am I'm yours only"

It's a big statement but it's so true, fuck I love him so much.

He then grabs my waist pushing me a little by his car hood. "No one has ever loved me before, I thought I was too broken to be loved"

"You're not broken" I peak at his nose. "You're heeling in time, you have rough but that doesn't mean you won't receive love, the love that I have for you won't fade away, I love you for your good and bad, that could be an old quote in the books but it's the honest truth"

I swear I never pictured myself being in love, but yet here I am looking at my man that makes my heart explode.

"I hate myself," he whispers. "I'm so fucking sorry Ruby, I've never wanna yell at you, I don't know what's wrong with me, Why am I being tortured all the time?"

"I wish I knew why, I wish I knew the answers I do" My hand falls against the hard swell of his chest where his heart beats faster. "I don't know why bad things are happening to a beautiful person like you, I wish I can take it all away it hurts me you're going through this shit"