Chapter 43

Never Grow Up By Taylor Swift

Ruby

Today's the day, it's Greyson's Birthday.

And am I in the kitchen looking at baby pictures of him crying like a waterfall?

Yes, I am.

Time really does fly by so quickly, I can't believe he's already six years old I feel like I just had him yesterday.

When I found out I was pregnant I was a fucking wreck I'm not gonna lie, I was so scared, nervous, felt like I couldn't take care of a baby because I was 20 when I had him I was up all night thinking how could I be so careless and stupid.

The one time I actually have sex with Finn, eww I hate thinking about it, it makes me wanna throw up. Let me rephrase that, when I had boring, vanilla, worst sex of my life, with that piece of shit I end up getting pregnant, go figure.

But when I saw my baby boy for the first time, it was game over he's the best thing that ever happened in my life, I love him so much I can't even phantom how much he means to me.

When I got to hold him in my arms for the first time, I felt his heart beating on my chest I realize it was everything I wished for, everything I needed, I'm so happy I brought him into this world. I wish he could stay 6 or 1 and never grow up, but everyone has to at some point.

I know I may not be perfect but when I look at my son I know that I got something in my life perfectly right.

I think the best part of being a mother is when your little one looks up at you and just smiles or stares, because they know you are their person like nobody else is as important as you. They know that you have them like nobody else ever will. The connection is indescribable.

I love my sunshine I don't know what I'll do without him. I can't believe I'm bringing that word up today, I used to call him that and sing you are my sunshine to him when he was a baby I don't know why I stopped call him that.

My phone all of a sudden dings and it's Harry I check it and my heart feels like it's about to explode out of my chest.

Harry: The sweetest thing happened at lunch Grey asked me to share his doughnut with him.

Ruby: Aww that's so cute what did you say?

In their school when it's someone's birthday you usually always bring in a dessert for everyone to eat during lunchtime, I got some doughnuts from Krispy Kreme it's one of Greyson's favorites and ice cream of course but we're having an ice cream cake for him later.

Also, I took him today to school usually Finn takes him on Fridays but he said he's gonna meet us there at the party he didn't wanna drive twice he lives an hour away.

Harry: I politely declined I told him he doesn't need to share it's his birthday, after that he got confused at first on why I said no, but then after that I went to my classroom and went back to the cafeteria to give him candy and he forgot all about it but he told me you don't like when I give him candy is that true?

I see Greyson is a little bit of a tattle tale, I'm only joking but I do wonder if Grey said anything else about me to Harry.

Ruby: It's fine it's his birthday he's allowed to have as much candy as he wants today it doesn't bother me, just sometimes when he has too much he's a jigger bug.

Harry: Oh thank god I thought I was gonna get in trouble 😏

I can't help but laugh while texting him, at least it keeps me distracted because I'm not crying now over my son's pictures.