Chapter 13

At this moment, the screen of the phone by her bed lit up and began to vibrate.

Ye Fan was worried that it would wake up Dudu so she quickly grabbed the phone and left the room.

She picked up the call. “Hello.”

Assistant Director Wang said, “Ye Fan, there’s something I need to talk to you about.”

Ye Fan listened quietly.

“We have an open role for a female dancer in ‘Lurking in the Bund’. Would you be interested?”

Ye Fan was stunned. “A dancer?”

Assistant Director Wang continued, “The actress we casted had to leave for some business so the spot is free for now.”

“After seeing your performance today, the director believes you may be suitable.”

He himself had also seen how serious Ye Fan was today. She was only a stand-in, but if she continued working hard with that fine appearance of hers, she may be able to go even further as time went on.

Ye Fan was silent.

If this was any other time, then she would just refuse it directly. After all, He Han was also in the crew and she didn’t wish to involve herself with him too much. Leaving just like that would be the best choice.

However, Ye Fan hesitated when she thought about the amount in her bank.

The amount of money she had left was not much. If she wanted to provide Ye Duo a better life, then she needed to start making money.

Ye Fan turned her head over to look at the tightly shut door and seemed to be able to feel Ye Duo’s soft body sleeping soundly in bed.

When she thought of him, Ye Fan couldn’t help but smile.

She had always been alone, and this was the first time she felt any worries. For little Ye Duo, she was willing to put in the work.

Assistant Director Wang’s voice rang out from the receiver. “Have you decided yet, Ye Fan?”

Ye Fan said, “I’ll do it. Thank you for giving me this opportunity.”

After that, Ye Fan called the bank and casually gave them a reason to cancel her credit card.

That was because the credit card had never been with Ye Fan. It was her adoptive mother Nie Weiru who kept it. Every single month, Nie Weiru would swipe a lot of money from it, and it was Ye Fan who had to pay the bill.

But since Ye Fan transmigrated over, she wouldn’t let herself suffer through this. If Nie Weiru wanted the card, then so be it. It’s just going to become a piece of scrap anyway.

In just a few days, Ye Fan received a call from Nie Weiru. “I’m going shopping. Come to Zhengda Mall.”

Without waiting for Ye Fan to respond, Nie Weiru hung up the phone.

If Nie Weiru was capable of swapping out her child with someone else’s, then using the daughter she picked up to her own benefit was also stress-free for her.

Everytime she went shopping, Nie Weiru would call Ye Fan over to come hold her things. Big bags over small bags, none of it bothered her at all.

Ye Fan sneered. She put her phone to the side and muted it. The one in a hurry wasn’t her anyway. Ye Fan enjoyed a book for a moment and cleaned up her room before going out leisurely.

By the time she reached Zhengda Mall, Nie Weiru was already impatient.

“Where on earth have you been? You knew I was waiting for you, so why did you make me wait so long?” Nie Weiru waited, and waited, made call after call, but Ye Fan did not pick up.

It wasn’t until she was just about to head home that Ye Fan finally appeared late.

Even though Nie Weiru did not say much, all of the words she said jabbed at Ye Fan.

When she spoke, many people who were resting around the area all turned to look at them.

Ye Fan’s eyes turned cold.

This was how Nie Weiru instilled her ideas into Ye Fan ever since she was young. Since Ye Fan was brought up by her hard work, she would obey her every wish no matter what it was.

This was the so-called family, and this was the environment that Ye Fan grew up with. She still had a younger sister called Ye Li, but she never thought of Ye Fan as her own sister.

The original Ye Fan could never understand why Ye Li could enjoy her mother’s love despite them both being Nie Weiru’s daughters, while she could only receive the cold treatment.

It was a pity that she never knew even in her death that the reason for this treatment was because she was never Nie Weiru’s daughter at all.

Ye Fan looked at Nie Weiru, remaining completely calm.

She was not the original Ye Fan, so she would not feel sad for someone like this. She will only punish those who have hurt her.