Chapter 66-68

The time for the reality show’s recording had been set. Ye Fan knew that she would have to leave for a week soon. She will be separated from Dudu for some time.

“Then, I’ll leave Dudu in your care, Aunt Li.” Ye Fan told Nanny Li about the show and asked her to take good care of Dudu.

Nanny Li had been taking care of Dudu for many years and she was a very kind person. Ye Fan trusted her a lot.

Nanny Li nodded. “I’ll take good care of him so you can put your mind at ease.”

Ye Fan sighed. “I’ll tell Dudu later.”

Dudu was taking his afternoon nap in the room, and that was the reason why Ye Fan took this opportunity to tell Nanny Li.

After she was done talking, Ye Fan lightened her steps and opened the door, heading inside.

Dudu had his hand spread out next to his face, sleeping very soundly. A small section of his belly was exposed, looking white like snow, and it rose and fell with his breathing.

In the next moment, Dudu rolled over and buried his face into the pillow, leaving a mark on his fair white cheeks. His face was red from sleeping, but he just rolled over and continued to sleep.

Ye Fan was worried that she would wake Dudu up so she moved even more lightly. She turned around and shut the door behind her.

By the time Ye Fan turned back around, she noticed that Dudu had suddenly sat up from the bed. He was rubbing his eyes and yawning.

Dudu put his fingers on the edge of the bed and reached out. “Mama, hug.”

Ye Fan picked up Dudu and hauled him out of the crib. Dudu nestled into Ye Fan’s arms and yawned, tears leaking out from the corner of his eyes.

“You woke up so soon?” Ye Fan tidied up his messy bed hair.

Dudu craned his neck up and looked at Ye Fan. “Where are you going, mama?”

Ye Fan thought that she had been covering it up well these days, but children were best at detecting the changes in a person’s mood. Especially Dudu. He was much more sensitive than the other kids.

Dudu noticed that something was off with his mama, so he took out his hand to rub Ye Fan’s face like she always did for him.

Ye Fan did not expect that Dudu would notice her emotions that easily. She thought about it for a moment and tried her best to tell him about her temporary leave in the gentlest voice possible.

“Mama’s going out to work and I’ll be away for a few days.”

Dudu played with the buttons on Ye Fan’s clothes and mumbled, “Is mama not coming back?”

Ye Fan clutched Dudu’s tiny little hand. “Of course mama will be back.”

Ye Fan nudged Dudu up a bit and said, “Also, Nanny Li will turn on the TV so Dudu can watch me on TV.”

“Will Dudu be able to listen to Nanny Li and wait for mama at home like a good boy?”

Even though Dudu didn’t want Ye Fan to leave, he still nodded his head obediently.